“Lovely budget motel one block from the beach.”

Beach Carousel Motel
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Just spent 2 nights at this Motel which we came across by chance. The owner Mrs Raval is a lovely lady. Prices had just gone up in the area as the summer season had started but we were offered the spring rate which was a good saving. Have spent quite a few nights in Motels this last fortnight driving around Virginia and this was what I had come to expect. 2 Queen beds. Microwave, fridge cable tv and wifi. No kettle as usual. Does no one in the usa use a kettle 4 tea!. What made this motel stand out was the owner who was so helpful. Thankyou.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank katykrystal

Reviewed June 19, 2011

This motel was absolutely wonderful. It was very clean, the bathroom is marble and very beautiful, the staff was great...from day one starting to make my reservations all the way through the end of our vacation. My step son lost is debt card...it was found by motel staff and mailed immediately....I would highly recommend this motel. My two year old grandson loved the pool.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank worknmom1
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed here with my girlfriend for a couple days during June. It was a very nice stay. Everyone was very friendly at the front desk, made us feel extremely welcome. Room was nice, clean, and seemed to be recently renovated. All in all was a very nice place to spend the weekend. It's only a 5 minute walk to the beach as well! Will definitely be back!

Thanks,
Keith Preston

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2011

not only was beach carousel centrally located it was very reasonable in price. it was minutes away from the beach and shops. the staff was very friendly and helpful. my room was very clean and well stocked. i highly recommend beach to everyone. i know i will be back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Okay, my husband and I were thrilled to take our 14-mo-old daughter on her first beach trip. We got to the hotel and were given two rooms that were already occupied. We ended up getting a night for free, which we're still waiting for the credit to go through (Monday was a holiday, so we have to wait an extra day). We finally got to our room and there was a strange smell. The pillows and mattresses were covered in plastic. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The location was in a great place though! The pool was nice. The staff was friendly. However, when I got home, I realized I was covered in about 29 BED BUG BITES! I am totally ashamed that I brought my baby there for her first vacation. Do yourself a favor.. fork up the extra money to stay at a NICE hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank beautifully_els
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My family and I rented a 2 room suite for the Memorial day weekend. The price was excellent. The motel is on Atlantic avenue and is right next to a pass through that takes you down the boardwalk. The rooms are quiet and very clean.

The items we wished were better - beds - they were so hard. We took extra blankets and sleepings bags to help soften the beds based on previous comments. It helped a little. An inexpensive matress pad may have done the trick. All beding and pillows were covered in plastic, so that made turning over a bit noisey. No bugs during our visit. Second is the rooms are all smoking. The rooms smell of smoke and fabreeze. We took candles, so that helped with the smell.

The room had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and toaster, but we did not use the kitchnette.

Overall the motel was a great value, family friendly, we enjoyed the pool and location. Hopefully the owners will upgrade the beds and maybe make some rooms non-smoking. Based on the comments, it appears the owners are working hard to bring this place up. We could see the curtains and futon covers were all new and the room had a fresh coat of paint.

Room Tip: Bring extra bed padding, pillows and candles
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank sweetdj
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I was a bit nervous to stay here because of the reviews I've read. The rooms were cleaned and accommodations were great as well as the location. However, we were racially profiled for being "Hispanics" as the night front attendant put it. The night before we left we were questioned on the number of people we were even though we had three separate rooms. We were stalked and watched as if we were some kind of criminals. It was my worst experience ever. I had never felt so discriminated against as this past 4th of July weekend. I post my concern to the manager and until this day have not received a response to my complaint. Ever since we checked-in the morning attendants were very rude and sarcastic toward us until the day we check out when we were literally watched out the door. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone; moreover, if you're Hispanic and plan to travel there with your families because according to them us “Hispanics” seem to cramp the rooms with more than the allowed capacity. But I guess as the other reviewer put it, "you get what you paid for."

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family