“Good breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pocahontas Pancake & Waffle House
Ranked #14 of 1,406 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

My teenage son loved this place- the large portions were great for him. I recommend getting there by 7:30 to beat the crowds - they really get packed after that. Service was great-very fast and friendly. We would definitely go back whenever in Virginia Beach.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Great food and large portions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

The food was absolutely worth the 30 minute wait! Lots of options, and nobody leaves hungry! The only complaint I would have is that it was extremely crowded and noisy inside, and although noise level doesn't usually bother me, it was extremely hard to hear even the person sitting next to me, let alone the waitress.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

The restaurant was very crowded, but we got a table right away. They have a nice "communication" system between the guy at the door who takes your name and the waitress that seats you. We received great service from our waitress, she was very attentive. Tons of options on the menu. The food was perfect. Excellent french toast and pancakes. Always a refill of hot coffee. We'll definitely come back the next time we're in VA Beach!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Not sure if I'll go back…who knows…”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

The family and I went to Pocahontas Pancake & Waffle Hs on a very busy day. The older man taking names had a lousy attitude which was an "I don't care what you decide to do" attitude when I asked him about the wait time. Attitude was like eat here or not, but stop wasting his time asking about the wait time. It was 40 minutes, so I figure it must be worth it, so we waited. Finally, a little over 40 min, we got called to take out seat. When walking in with a stiller, we got stern warning from the same older gentlemen that the stiller had to be broken down as if it annoyed him we even had a stroller. Should have left the two year old in the car I guess - and his stroller! Anyway, after getting our seats, we experienced phase two of waiting…waiting for service. We waited and waited to place a drink order, then waited and waited to order our breakfast. Once we finally ordered, the food actually came out fairly quickly. And it was pretty good…I mean not bad at all. I was almost disappointed the food was good because I really wanted to not like this place based on the people who work there. I guess If there is no wait, then I might consider going back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Loggo0404
Boston, Massachusetts
“I liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I would visit this restaurant again, Food was Very good, waitress was great and hard working, there was a little wait but they are well organized and turn the tables over fast.

• 4 of 5 bubbles