“If you're going to pay for breakfast on Virginia Beach, come here!”

Pocahontas Pancake & Waffle House
Ranked #11 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Located very close to Laskin Road, this restaurant was touted as one of the best places to eat breakfast on the beach. The votes from the locals proved to be true. My daughter and I walked in and met our server, Karen, who turned out to be a delightful surprise! She was very helpful by guiding us to the items we were interested in on the menu. The portions were awesome! There's no reason to get up and walk out of this place and be hungry. I had the egg wrap which was scrambled eggs inside of a cheesy and delicious wrap. My daughter and I. Shared the fruit plate, which we only were able to eat part of before it was time to leave and go back to our timeshare. We also noticed that they had chocolate chip pancakes, which my daughter loves. She had those and scrambled eggs and she took call home most of her breakfast to eat for lunch. If you consider the fact that we took home half of what we ordered, and enjoyed it for lunch the same day, our bill was very reasonable and I would go there again in a heartbeat. The decor is definitely Native American or first nation. Everybody who is eating and there was happy and everyone was taking care of promptly. I understand that during the Summer season, there is a line outside waiting to go in. And I know why! This is a don't miss!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We ate here every morning of our trip because we thought the food was that good. Each morning we waited about 25-30 minutes, which is rare for us, but it was that good. I highly recommend this restaurant. The options are numerous and the breakfast "combination" meals were outstanding. We will go back, without a doubt.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Quaint restaurant with a comfortable atmosphere, right off the boardwalk. Had great banana pecan pancakes here. Was decorated nicely for the Christmas holiday and the service was good.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The decor is a little hokey, borderline offensive if you're feeling politically correct, but I don't think they mean any harm. The FOOD is outstanding. They were featured on Food Network for the pecan pancakes but I personally feel that the Pecan WAFFLE is even better. I've been dreaming about the waffle since I had it a week ago, it's seriously that good. Basically, get anything with the pecans and you can't go wrong (you can get the pancakes, WAFFLE, or french toast.) ALSO, they have turkey bacon and turkey sausage available upon request. YUM!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Broad choice of breakfast items, especially the variety of pancakes. Price/Value of food was good (quality and quantity), however I have had better pancakes. We were seated immediately. Service was excellent and restaurant was very clean. Employees were actively involved in wiping down chairs and tables when not serving. Restaurant was not overly noisy and table spacing offered plenty of room and opportunity for conversation.