“Great Food but instant tea!”

Pocahontas Pancake & Waffle House
Ranked #16 of 1,428 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Chesapeake
“Great Food but instant tea!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place boast the top five breakfast in Virginia according to Southern Living Mag. It was good the service was awesome it's just that... Why with all that good food you would not have some fresh brewed southern tea? It is what part of Virginia dinning to makes the south the south but they are so busy and efficient maybe they just don't have time to fresh brew. The coffee was dead on and ready when you walk in the door but you have to wait to be seated so step outside and people watch right on the Atlantic Ave. They move people through very fast. The food is more then you can eat. I had the blue crab cheese omelet and the kids had more pancake they any kid needs. I am sure for breakfast food they could be top five in Va but it's not the whole package with only lacking fresh brew tea and I noticed that many people were drinking ice tea. This is on the strip in Virginia Beach so expect a crowd, expect to get good value in a very nice decor of Virgina / Jamestown History. Expect great service it looks like a well organized fun place to work so employees seem to take pride in the product they are serving. Fun Visit

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Good Breakfast!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

You will get more food for your money. I ordered the eggs and smoked ham and I had so much that I could have shared it with someone.:) The food did taste really good and the staff were really nice.

Naha, Japan
“Large portions, excellent food, kid friendly”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We ate here this morning, our family if four got in after a 20 minute wait. The wait was well worth the food! Very large portions, and excellent taste. Waitstaff was very friendly. 3 stars for atmosphere because tables are packed in tight with very little wiggle room. Will definitely come again, we all left full and satisfied. Ranked kid friendly because it is a loud restaurant, kids meals were right around $3.50 with very large portions (our kids split one)

“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay. Very crowded but they seat you quickly. Its a little loud in the restaurant. Food is excellent. Their belgian waffles are the greatest. Their omelettes are delicious also. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited May 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“One very happy customer!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The service here is incredible! We went back multiple times during our stay in VA Beach. The food is ready super fast and you never leave hungry...I actually wished I had gotten half of what I had ordered on my first choice. My recommends are the biscuits and gray, scrambled eggs, omelets and choc chip pancakes. Will absolutely be back!!

• Visited May 2013