“Yummy breakfast, great service”

Pocahontas Pancake & Waffle House
Ranked #35 of 1,559 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 19, 2013

They have a huge menu- some nice healthier options as well. Our server was great and the food was pretty good. A bit overpriced- $3.85 for an 1/8th of a cantaloupe..but a nice breakfast since all our hotel offered was muffins and yogurt:)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Visiting my home town, I went to bkfst. We walked in and sat down. No one told us we had to wait to be seated, there's no signs or anything. They told us to move, ok..after that I was pissed. It wasnt just us it was 3 other couples as well. Food was great, price was cheap and they gave a lot of food. Menu is about 5 pages full. Will visit here agin but not when its busy. Too loud and packed.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This place was nice, I mean the wait staff was friendly enough and they tried hard to please us, however the food was what I could have made at home nothing special. Actually I could have made better at home. My pancakes were boring, the bacon under cooked and the eggs... lets not even go there. Not to mention the stuck ons- you know stuff stuck to the menu.....gross

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We ate at Pocahontas' two days in a row during our stay in VB. The 3 large pancakes on the first day were very good. I had them topped with fried apples which they gave you plenty. The second day I had waffles with chocolate chips. The waffle was very big and quite tasty with a generous amount of chocolate chips sprinkled on top. The waffles were the best that I've ever had, My wife had a country omelet which was very good and a breakfast wrap. The wrap was large enough that she took half of it to go. The coffee was good and the service excellent.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went there based on reviews and ratings here on tripadvisor and it lived up to its reputation. Great service and a terrific breakfast. I had steak and eggs, always a bit risky but the steak was very good with almost no fat and cooked as requested (medium rare). My plate was excellent, my wife had the healthy organic multi grain pancakes with the blueberries and scrambled eggs along with turkey sausage and she finished the entire plate. Our friend had the chocolate chip pancakes with fruit and they were wonderfully presented and she said very good. Lucky for us it's early in the season so we got seated right away a eight o'clock on a Saturday morning but it was already packed when we left. I don't know that I would stand in line outside on a weekend for breakfast but evidently that is not uncommon in the summer.