“Great Rates,Great Rooms And Great Service & Location”

Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Great Rates,Great Rooms And Great Service & Location”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival at the Candlewood Suites I was greeted by the front desk clerk, she was very polite and had great customer service. I was visiting Va beach for work, I was able to get an excellent rate on my room. I was totally amazed my room was immaculate and it was a great size with some great features. I was able to also continue my workout with the on site gym/exercise room. Its a great location as well, the hotel was interstate accessible, I didn't have to drive far for my morning meeting. Overall I give the hotel two thumbs up! Great rates and Very nice rooms...I'm very big on customer services and they blew me away with that everyone was nice and spoke even housekeeping. I enjoyed my stay they made me feel at home and I will certainly be staying here and other locations in the near future.

• Stayed April 2013
Melinda W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
We have a great Team here Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try and do our best to make our guests feel at home with our amenities like FREE guest laundry, FREE WIFI, access to our FREE gas Grill and Gym. We hope the next time you have business in the area you choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was reaching early morning hours and I was looking for a hotel to check into. Although I wasnt looking to pay a fortune considering that most likely checkout would b just few hours away and I would be leaving. I decided to stop into the Candlewood Suites off of Bonney Rd and was so glad I chose this hotel. From the minute I walked thru the door until I received my room key Angel who is the night manager at this hotel truly went above & beyond for me & exceeded expectations of any other hotel clerk in the area. I was accomodated and given everything I was looking for in order to meet my needs during this stay. Needless to say I will definitely be going back soon and looking for my #1hotel reservationist. She definitely knows how to accomodate her guests and quoted ftom her she said "she treats others as she would like to be treated" She will do whatever she can to make her guests feel welcomed, at home, and their reservation to suit their needs. Angel is the girl!! Best hotel reservationist/mgr ever!! Keep it up girl!!

• Stayed April 2013
Melinda W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We here at candlewood Suites are glad you enjoyed your stay and we pride ourselves in having and excellent staff that will go out of their way to make you feel at home. I'm so glad that Angel took good care of you and was able to help you with all your reservation needs. We hope the next time you are in need of a room and want to feel like your at home you will choose the Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach.
Maryland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

About what I expected. Nicely laid out room with everything you needed to stay for awhile. Average for cleanliness. Decorated nicely. Carpeting appeared to be fairly new and clean. Room was comfortable and mostly clean. Some areas upgraded but others needed it. Staff was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Stay away from the street side of the bldg-very noisey
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melinda W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We here at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach greatly appreciate you giving us the chance to serve your hospitality needs. We are currently in the process of putting new carpet and bedding in all of our guest rooms so we hope you will enjoy our upgrades on your next visit to the Virginia Beach area.
New Jersey
Reviewed March 17, 2013

If it was warmer this hotel is not a far walk from the "downtown" area. It is a bit of a drive to the beach. The hotel was nice. Their idea of a Queen is really a Double bed. It was a great price per night as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Melinda W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We here at the Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach are glad that you enjoyed your most recent visit to our hotel and the area. We hope that the next time you come to stay with us the weather is nicer so you can take a walk over to Virginia Beach Town Center to enjoy all it has to offer.
Washington
Reviewed December 10, 2012

For a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor, my room seemed very smoky. I think it had something to do with the ashtrays in the stariwells. The smoke was coming up like a chimney (pardon the pun).

Overall, the room was nice. Carpet was showing wear. The beds were DOUBLES NOT QUEENS. Odd for a suite style hotel. It was ok as it was just me and my daughter and there were 2 beds.

I'd stay again but ask more about the smoking in the stairwells.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear plcarty,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort caused by the smelt of smoke during your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate your candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I was happy and satisfied that I stayed with CWS for my weekend getaway. Complimentary wifi, laundry and dryer,gym,newspaper. Everyroom is equipped with a mini kitchen with a microwave. Plenty of parking in a private lot. $75 non refundable pet fee. Pet area is clean. This place has everything I needed and has surpassed my expectations.. Would love to stay here again in the future.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PURPLEYAMS
Melinda W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much PurpleYams for your kind words on our hotel. It is always great to hear that our guest enjoyed their stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Va Beach. We take pride in being a pet friendly hotel. Let me know when you are ready to come back for another great getaway and I will be glad to book another stay for you. Take Care.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My 16 year old son and I needed temporary lodging (a total of 47 days) while work was being done to our home in Virginia Beach. I ended up at Candlewood only after booking at another hotel down the street which was dirty, smelly and in dire need of renovation inside and out - there was no way my son and I would stay one night there, so I cancelled my reservation and called Candlewood. When I arrived, the hotel was clean on the outside, very nice on the inside and Nichelle was understanding enough to show me an empty room which was modern, spacious and clean.

Every single employee I encountered during my stay was pleasant, professional and helpful. The facilities were clean and accessible any time I needed them; the housekeeping service was wonderful. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, facing a pretty busy street - no noise, curtains were plenty dark if I wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 895rebecca_d_12895
Rebecca,
It was such a pleasure having you and your son as our guest for an extended stay. I was happy to hear that my team member Nichelle was able to welcome you and make you feel at home away from home. We wish you the best and let us know if you are any family coming in to town needs lodging we will be glad to accomdate.