My family and I traveled from NC looking for an overly decent place to stay that wasn't too far away from the oceanfront at 11pm. (Imangine that..!) We tried several places but they kept giving us different prices and different fees for this and that so we took a chance and stopped by the Candlewood Suites. To our delight we were able to get accommodations for the night. The front desk associate was kind enough to let me go and inspect the room before i rendered payment. I was more than satisfied with that level of service, especially at that time of night. I will go on to comment that the young lady behind the desk was able to multi-task quite well considering I was not the only customer she was dealing with. She was very professional and was able to maintain her composure considering she was the only associate working.
Once we were fully checked in to the room she then offered to help my family and I with our bags considering the time of night it was and my son was dying to get in bed. I kindly told her, "No thanks" but greatly appreciated the gesture. She seemed rather busy as is.
The room was well maintained and clean. It didn't smell of mold or mildew or any other ungodly scent that people can come up with. We quickly pulled back the covers and sheets and jumped in the beds because of the long day ahead of us. In my line of work, I travel a lot and I have stayed in some places that I wouldn't take my worse enemy to. I can honestly say that this Candlewood Suites was not one of them. I only noticed a couple of things that need to be addressed considering this hotel has a couple of floors. The ice machine issue should be addressed soon, as well as the updating of the hallway carpets. In some places they were a bit outdated and worn and could potentially become a hazard. I guess people are looking for ALL the comforts of home when they check in to different hotels. People, it's not your home!!! Those that have left nasty comments, their homes probably aren't that clean anyway and they just need something to gripe about! I will say the place didn't have all the amenities but it wasn't bad at all. Many travelers are looking for their hotels to be a villa of some sorts. Stop it people. We are living in financially oppressed times and places are working with the budgets that they are equipped with. If you didn't like the place so much, DON'T STAY THERE! Don't just bash the place after you have partaken in the facilities for a couple of nights. Again, my accommodations were just fine. I spoke previously of a few things that need to be addressed, but speaking from my lone experience I was thoroughly impressed with how well that young lady multi-tasked and maintained her composure while dealing with 3 different customers.
I will also add that before my checkout process I was greeted by a young lady once my family and I exited the elevator with all of our stuff. She offered to help but we basically handle the luggage ourselves and moved on to the checkout desk. Once I was done squaring my family away into the vehicle she again mentioned to me that she would have been more than happy to have helped us. She then told me that she was the general manager of the hotel and that she wanted to get a brief overview of how my family and I's stay turned out. I told her that we were pressed for time and really had to get on the road so she asked if i could write down my email so i scribbled it on her clipboard and 3 days later i received a comment email asking about our visit. Once again, I left the place feeling "A" ok and would gladly visit there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel Virginia Beach - Norfolk - Hampton Roads, VA. The Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel Virginia Beach - Norfolk - Hampton Roads is a member of Priority Club Rewards & the IHG family of brands including InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Express & Staybridge Suites Hotels. The Candlewood Suites is the perfect hotel for government (Per Diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary & corporate housing needs.The Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel is centrally located mile from the Virginia Beach Town Center @ the Independence Blvd exit of I-264 near I 64; minutes from VA Beach beaches & Norfolk Airport (ORF). Our hotel is close to Downtown Norfolk & Virginia Beach real estate districts; offering near access to Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Keane Inc., General Dynamics, Little Creek Amphibious Navy Base, Oceana Naval Air Station & Norfolk Naval Shipyard. The Candlewood Suites Hotel offers apartment like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers studio & one-bedroom apartment - like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living & work areas, TV with DVD players, free wired & wireless Internet. Other features include 24 hour business center, free laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard with grills & our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Agoda, Hotel.de, Reservation Counter, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk Hotel Virginia Beach
- Candlewood Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Candlewood Suites