Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk
$162
$153
Alamar Resort Inn(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Econo Lodge on the Ocean(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
EconoLodge
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$97
$92
BestWestern.com
$60
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$76
Westin Virginia Beach Town Center(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
Westin.com
  • Pool
Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
$149
La Quinta Inn & Suites Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewsfull kitchenextended stay hotelfront deskshort drivequeen suitehome away from homespecial thanksbed was comfortablethe entire hotela great staythe air conditioningvery nice hotelindoor pooldesireedishwasherkitchenettenorfolk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Parts of the suite are updated and parts aren't. Granite in bathroom but cabinets under sink were a mess and all broken apart. Molding around tub was gross.

Air in living room worked well but hot in bedroom.

When we opened fold out couch for kids to sleep, there were wadded up old sheets in it. When I asked for a sheet, blanket and pillows, we got one of each and no fitted sheet so i had to go back down to get more myself.

When we came back from visiting friends at 10pm, 3 police cars were in the parking lot taking a man away in a police car from the hotel.

I would NOT recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JordyBear
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear JordyBear,

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Understaffed: we checked in on a Saturday afternoon, and there was ONE girl working - she was nice enough but bomarded with requests, was running all over the hotel doing miscellaneous errands before she was able to check us in, was frequently interrupted & she was rarely at the desk - YOU WILL BE LUCKY IF YOUR WAIT IS UNDER 15 MINUTES if you stop by the front desk & she's not there. There is even a phone to use (press 0 to dispatch her on a cordless phone she carries on all her errands), but that just alerts her to your presence - it doesn't take away from the wait! At check-in another guest came by the desk to ask for a little bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and the hotel was "completely out." When we asked for a pack of regular coffee the next day, they were out of that too. Absurd.

Aside from having to wait upwards of 15- 20 minutes each time we stopped by the front desk, we were also told that the hotel's pool was actually not on the property but at a neighboring hotel, so we could "walk over there" if we wanted to swim - NOT an agreeable situation when one of us is disabled. Here's a thought: don't advertise a pool if you DON'T HAVE A POOL. Irksome, indeed.

Room was modest, carpet was creepy-dark & dingy, walls had suspicious stains splattered about, and there was black mold all over the bottom of the shower curtain liner. Bathroom seemed to be the cleanest spot in the room :/ Also, there are few TV channels, and most of them are so dark and distorted that you get no picture - bravo, food network, lifetime, etc. There is no travel channel, weather channel, local news, etc., and the channels are all misprogrammed: it will say USA and actually be ESPN - every channel is like that, so you're flying blind.

Oh, and something else they don't tell you -- there is NO ICE MACHINE (again, you can go to an upper floor of a neighboring hotel for such a luxurious amenity, but devise/bring your own ice bucket, because you won't get one here!). Especially for a disabled party who needs cold fluids throughout a given day, especially in the summer, this was unacceptable. Simply ridiculous.

At check-out, we spent 17 minutes waiting for them to print a receipt (I don't know about you, but when spending over $300 at a sketchy-at-best establishment, I want a receipt for my records!), while a line of irritable guests formed behind us. Upon determining that they could not figure out how to fix their printer, they offered to fax my receipt... Fax it where, exactly? I'm checking out of a HOTEL, which likely means I'll be driving for a while (hours) in order to get home, so even if I had a home fax machine, who would prepare it to receive a fax? I said that was not acceptable, and I told them I was going to proceed to move our bags from the room while the staff attended to the line of other guests, but said I'd be back for my receipt - they never could get it printed. They offered to email it, which I accepted, and after writing down my email for them to type into their system/send the email, I was assured that the email was SENT. Not so. Seven hours later, I call them and say that I've not received the email. I was given the excuse, "Oh, we didn't know what name this was for, so we didn't know which receipt to send..." Then why B.S. me at the desk, saying you sent it in the first place??? And what were you doing when you were busily typing away after I gave you my email address, if you weren't mailing the receipt like you said?! Oh, and the written email address that I gave them to use in the moment and then took back into my own possession for security's sake? Yeah, that was hanging around on the front desk for those seven hours, because they couldn't remember my room or name because the check-out took so damn long BECAUSE of THEIR ineptitude. Great.

Overall, super shoddy, crap service, unprofessional, and sketchy/dingy. Don't waste your money for what amounts to no real amenities, little to no basic service, and LOTS of angry/irritable fellow guests who make the whole stay that much more intensely unpleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank LetMeBeFrank
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear LetMeBeFrank,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly disappointed we did not manage this for your stay. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the shortcomings you had experience during your stay and regret you received unacceptable service from our staff. I'd like to discuss your experience in further details. I have sent a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was a little skeptical as to the location at first, but it turned out okay. The hotel seems to have been updated with newer furniture, but does NOT have a pool or jacuzzi on property. They share the facilities with the Crown Plaza next door and their facilities are nice. We stayed overnight and I would recommend it for a family.

Room Tip: The only issue I had were children from other families allowed to run freely through the halls screaming until 11pm and very early in the morning. I did not bother reporting it, but you should be aware if kids are staying in the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank johnluriejr
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Being away from home for over a year, I found the Candelwood Suites in Virginia Beach VA to be a charming surprise. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were large and the location was close to the nearby bases and attractions. Because the property was shared by the Crown Plaza the resturant and pool and gym were avaliable to you as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Melinda W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you Dennis B for taking the time to give such warm feedback. We are perfectly set up for extended stay guests, and have ammenities that cater to all lengths of stay. Free on-site laundry, Free internet, Free lending library for DVD's, Full kitchenettes... We want to make sure that you feel like you never left home.You were like family to us and we miss you and your four legged daughter! We hope our paths will cross again. Take care and again thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites VA Beach for your lodging needs.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My company booked me at this property for 19 days and unfortunately I will return in July for another 5 weeks. The property is clean and the staff is pleasant, but the maintenance staff is slow and unreliable. On my 2nd day at the hotel I alerted them of a problem with the dishwasher leaking; they came to repair it that day and could not, I was promised a different one by the 2nd day - 17 days later one was brought over and still had the same problem. The once per week housekeeping is less than desireable; I can't believe I have to lug my daily trash down the hallway. Really for the amount of money my company pays to have us stay at this hotel, I would say its just not worth it. Also, staying on the third floor I get the joys of the herd of elephants above me all evening long, stomping and moving about (makes it impossible to sleep) and the screaming in the hallways at all hours is just way too much.

Room Tip: try to get a 4th floor corner room far from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Melinda W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

First I would like to apologize to you for the unacceptable experience you had with us. Its important that we recieve feedback from our guest and thank you Divinegaea for taking the time to share your experience. I have addressed this concern with my team members and how we did not deliver what we promise. It is the Candlewood Way for weekly housekeeping however there are some alternatives such as a light touch. I can assure when you come back in July you will have a pleasant stay. I would love to talk to you more about your stay at your convenience please give me a call at the hotel. We look forward to another chance to WOW you in July.