My husband and have been going to Virginia Beach for years with my 2 daughters- age 14 and 17. Our first year we stayed at the Sea Gull Inn. We also stayed at the Days Inn, Four Sails Resort and the Hilton. I enjoy being right on the beach and I like how all of the entertainment and night life is within walking distance. My husband and I attended a Time Share presentation for the Ocean Beach Club in August 08. We did not want to purchase one at that time, but were impressed with the Ocean Beach Club after we went on the tour. Early in 2010 , we started planning our Summer Vacation . Since my daughter was going to be a Senior this year and may not be going on too many family vacations after she graduates High School, we wanted to go somewhere extra special. We decided to book a week at the Ocean Beach Club, since it was very nice and had great accommodations and a fully equipped kitchen. We invited my 17 year old daughters' friend and decided to go with another couple and their 14 year old daughter, who is my 14 year old daughter's best friend. We were so excited. My 14 year old daughter would stay in my friend's condo and my 17 year old daughter's friend would stay with my husband and me in our condo at the Ocean Beach Club. The adults would have the separate bedroom and the girls would each have a place to stay on the pull out sofa, so we could have some privacy. The fully equipped kitchen was something I loved,because it would save us money on meals and I looked forward to cooking for my family in a relaxed atmosphere, without the stresses of everyday life. Wednesday before we arrived I received a call from the Ocean Beach Club and was told the owners of the time share were coming the week we had scheduled and we no longer had a place to stay. I was soooooo disappointed. I explained our situation to the man and said we planned this so far in advance and that it was not acceptable to me. They had to find us a condo in that resort. My friends reservation was not cancelled-just ours.
They offered us a few options, but we had to make a decision right away . Staying at the HIlton, which was 4 blocks away, or another motel on 5th Street. Our friends were staying at the Ocean Beach Club. We decided to stat at the Hilton- which was very nice-but it was just a motel room-1 room- 2 double beds -no kitchen. My husband would be staying with 3 almost adult woman in 1 room all week ,with one bathroom. The Ocean Beach Club were able to get us a small discount on the Hilton, but it was not enough to make up for our disappointment of not being with our friends and being away from my 14 year old daughter. We asked for 2 motel rooms,since we were to have some privacy at the Ocean Beach Club, but they thought that was totally out of the question. The explanation of why our reservation was cancelled was that there was a computer gliche and the reservationist did not know the owners were coming that week. , when I booked our vacation. I even called 1 week prior to our reservation to confirm and they said yes we have your reservation. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone, since this happened--absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Beach Club features upscale studios with kitchenettes, and 1- and 2-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens and separate living rooms with queen sleeper sofas. Resort amenities include an oceanfront adult only infinity pool with bar service, an indoor pool with cascading water features, two outdoor oceanfront pools including a children's pool, a 17th floor ocean view fitness center, and a Game Room. Guests can enjoy a specialty cocktail at Ultra Craft Cocktails Lounge, or dine poolside for breakfast, lunch or dinner at seasonal Tortugas Café & Tiki Bar. Accommodations feature private balconies with city views or ocean views, jetted tubs in suites, cable TV with premium channels, DVD players, free Wi-Fi and in-room safes. Ocean Beach Club also offers laundry facilities onsite, a concierge to plan excursions and a Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Ocean Beach Club Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Virginia
- Ocean Beach Club Resort