All reviewsacross the streettimeshare ownersfull kitchenliving roomfire pitconcierge deskadult poolhot tuboff seasonthe check in processsmall balconysun deckbeach frontthe north endunitpoolstortuga
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I was apprehensive about the accomodations, I do not own so I was hoping to get a ocean front but not expecting to get it in August. I reserved a two bedroom ocean view and was pleasantly surprised with an ocean front.
The space was wonderful for three adults and two teens. The kitchen was very spacious and the living area was also very spacious. The area from the hall opened up into a foyer, with had a A and a B side. The B side was the larger bedroom with the ocean from view, jacozzi tub, full kitchen and living area.
The second room had a mini kithen and full bath with an ocean view. Both of course had balcanies.
The outside of the hotel made you feel like you were in the tropics and not in Virginia Beach, with the lights and the palm trees it was so contained . This hotel out of all the hotels on the boardwalk was the grandest. Two pools on the outside and one indoor
I have to say in addition there was no pressure on buying any timeshare, you did see alot of traffic within the hotel with sales. I was asked if I wanted to attend a tour and I said no thank you and it was left at that.
I do have one negetive, and that was the communitcation of the activity staff. I was changed for an event that should have been complimentary by the hotel. The Total Body Boot Camp. Although I had the registration card from the hotel , The terminalogy ambiguous and there was a fee involved , because of the tee shirt and booklet, The staff at the hotel should have explained this, to at least give the option of attending or not. They knew once you got there, the desire was to stay and not turn away. Oh well I got a tee shirt and a nutritional manual out of it, that's how I have to look at it.
Oh one last thing parking is across the street in a garage, and you are charged $7 a day, which I felt was fair, and $1 a day for the safe which wasn't necessary.
All in all I would visit again.

Reviewed August 13, 2009

had a wonderfull time with my 3 grandkids they enjoyed the 3 pools,and the full kitchen work out real good we ate in a lot which saved us money and trouble with taking 3 kids under 5 out to eat, would highly recommend the ocb club for anybody to stay young or old

Reviewed August 9, 2009

The oceanfront, 1-bedroom accommodation was very spacious, clean, convenient and nicely detailed. The ability to prepare many of our own meals actually balanced the premium $$$ spent on the room.

The staff were friendly and helpful at every turn. True to their theme, this was somewhat reminiscent of the type of treatment you get at an all-inclusive Caribbean resort.

The pools were wonderful (although too much chlorine in the indoor pool left me pouring drops into my eyes all night).

The phone calls pressuring us to attend the timeshare meetings (under the guise of guest service) were a little excessive, but we ignored them. Although there was constant traffic through the hotel as sales people toured prospective buyers around...... no problem, everyone was friendly ....... it did not detract from our fun.

Overall, this was our best experience in Va Beach over the past 3 years and we plan to return for a longer stay next time around.

Reviewed July 29, 2009

Great resort and very classy. Two outdoor pools and indoor pool right by the beach. Tiki Bar is a must go to place adjacent to the beach and pools. Serves great food and drinks.
Personnel are very friendlly and courteous. To me this is a 5 star facility and I have been to many of them. The rooms are very nice and well maintained with all kinds of options available. Plenty to do for the children and everything is within walking distance. We stayed for 5 days and never took out our car to go anywhere else since everything we wanted is within walking distance. There is shopping, great restaurants, entertainment, swimming pools, beach, boardwalk, bike riding, roller blading, etc. all right there. Many of these places are right at the resort and the restaurants like Pi Pizza, Casby's Seafood and food markets just across the street. Walked the whole boardwalk area and been to several other places, the Ocean Beach Club (by far) beats them all.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank dieterg1
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Pros-Beautiful building and grounds. Very clean and extremely friendly staff.
Cons- Since these were timeshares, the ocean front units were reserved for the owners. My family & I take beach vacations every year and always reserve newer ocean front 1 bedroom suites but this year we decided to take a chance since this place looked so nice, which it was- we just did not like the 1 bedroom unit we received. This side unit was much smaller than I expected, the balcony was big enough for two people and was angled so it was right in front of the next units bedroom window- strange set up. When we pulled out the couch in the living room for the kids to sleep on, it basically took up the whole living room. Since our bedroom faced the street, we were woken up early the next morning by garbage trucks. We were not in the newer section so some of the furniture was a bit faded and starting to show its age. We were scheduled to stay a week, but the manager was nice enough to let us go after one night with no additional fees since they did not have any other units available. If your not the type of person that does not mind not having a street/limited ocean view, I am sure you would be happy here, but you can get much bigger accommodations with a direct ocean front location at the surrounding hotels for less money.
I was also turned off by the daily parking, internet and safe fees at this hotel as this is not a cheap hotel to begin with.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family