All reviewsacross the streettimeshare ownersfull kitchenliving roomfire pitconcierge deskadult poolhot tuboff seasonthe check in processatlantic avenuesmall balconysun deckbeach frontthe north endunitpools
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Our stay at the OBC was excellent, hotel staff very friendly. Our room was the best room ever with a nice and lovely ocean view. The Tiki Bar very good. The only complaint we had was the housekeeping, no service at all, I call and asked ,they said they will do it ,but they will charge, I refused I did my bed for a week, also they change my towels after 4 days . The rest of services good, hotel close to everything and I will stay at the OBC again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2009

My family and I have been going to Virginia Beach since 1992. At that time, is when my parents bought a timeshare at the Clarion. The view was great and the room was suitable, at the time for us. Our family grew and we upgraded to the Ocean Beach Club when the construction was just beginning so we didn't know what the resort was really going to be like. I must say, that we absolutely love it there! We started off in the two bedroom city/ocean view. The room was very nice with a full size kitchen and views all around. We had two balconies and the rooms were very clean. We actually just upgraded again to the penthouse. We will be going there in August once again and I can hardly wait. On the 18th and 19th floor, with a kitchen that is huge, granite counter tops, four balconies that are all ocean front, a huge table that sits on the balcony that sits eight, spiral staircase, washer and dryer inside the unit, and a place that sleeps more than ten, and so much more, who could not be so excited? I am shocked to read the reviews that are negative in any way. I would recommend this resort to anyone in the world. I love it so much here and all the years that we have been coming, not one of us had one bad thing to say about it. Maybe one thing....that the week seems to go by way too fast!
Virginia Beach never seems to let us down! With Busch Gardens only about an hour away, free concerts right at the Hilton (a couple hotels down), PI pizza is right across the street (try the chicken tenders, excellent), and a great tiki bar right near the pool, there is always something to do. The beach is beautiful! This is the trip that I look forward to each and every year!

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed June 20, 2009

My girlfriends and I celebrated a special birthday year at the Ocean Beach Club. I used an Interval Intl exchange week for this vacation. Even before we came through the door, staff were welcoming us to their resort. Little issues were worked out swiftly and to our satisfaction. Our accommodation was a 1-bedroom corner unit on 5th floor, complete with galley kitchen and two balconies, one oceanfront, the other oceanview. Many choices of restaurants along the Virginia Beach strip. Souvenir shops abound. We liked the fact it was farther North on the Beach, the 3 mile/5 km boardwalk was far less crowded. Beach itself was very clean, lots of recycle/trash bins around. Grocery store was half-mile away, we did shopping for breakfast and lunch, went out for dinners.
I don't know if I would stay here if not using an exchange week, the rates seemed quite expensive when I looked them up afterwards. Set-up of bedroom had AC/fan blowing directly on queen bed, you couldn't adjust direction. We solved this by partly blocking fan with towel. There are abundant lounge chairs by the two small but satisfying pools, but limited number with incredible padding ... you could sleep on them, they were so comfortable ... unfortunately, they were hard to get, some people "saved" them, which wasn't fair. Their `saving` towels were removed by staff, and an argument ensued, eventually resolved. They were in the midst of starting up a breakfast buffet, but it wasn`t open for us to take advantage of at the time. Oh, if you can`t take the sound of jet fighter planes, don`t go here. It was tolerable for 2 out of 3 of us, but when they flew overhead, you couldn`t hear the person you were talking to. Not a big deal for us, but something to consider. This would effect anyone staying directly on Virginia Beach, not just Ocean Beach Club guests.
Great advice by a previous tripadvisor writer to change beach towels down at the swimming pool! Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed here in May for a business conference with about 30 co-workers. Over a month later, charges are still appearing on most my co-workers accounts. There was mix up after mix up. The rooms were nice but quite small. There is a list of everything they charge extra for on the fridge and they charge extra for everything! When I asked about getting a room with an ocean view when I checked in, I was told it would cost extra and also that there were no rooms available. OK But...after the second night in a hot stuffy room I requested a room with a window that opens just so I could get fresh air (the windows on my side of the hotel didn't open and the air conditioner was right next to the bed and noisy). I was told that they could accomodate my request but that I had to move to the new room immediately which I did. The new room had not been cleaned yet which was fine, I expected that they would do it during the day. I also had to run back up to my old room to get something I forgot. I had made the bed (in order not to get a housekeeping charge!) and when I returned to the room less than 20 minutes later, the bed was unmade which made me wonder what had happened. Anyway, I returned to my new room again around noontime, it hadn't been cleaned yet which was still ok, I figured they would get to it eventually. However, when I returned to my new room at the end of the day and my key card didn't work. It turns out they had moved my things into one of my co-workers rooms and moved her things into another room without notifying either of us. They even threw out the food she had in the fridge. The entire experience was just odd!

Long story short... the hotel was in a wonderful location, was nicely decorated and clean. The restaurant closed at around 8:00 pm - at a resort. The staff for the most part was not overly helpful (there was one very kind woman at the front desk who helped try to sort out some unauthorized charges that had already begun appearing while we were still at the hotel).

There is no excuse for charges to still be appearing over a month later. I have been fortunate enough not to have any appear on my account (yet) but it is wreaking havoc with my co-workers accounts and from what they tell me, the hotel has not been very helpful about clearing up the charges.

Based on some of the previous reviews I read, it doesn't sound like this is an isolated incident so unless you can afford random charges showing up on your account you might want to stay someplace else. If you do stay here, be cautious and check your back account frequently after your visit.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank 3cuteboys
Reviewed June 4, 2009

I chose this place based on my research and part of a Virginia Golf Package (which i highly recommend using, they are SUPER friendly!!!) My boyfriend and I are a younger couple (25 & 27) and the first day we got there the staff was so friendly and greeted us often, and the person that checked us in even stated she was giving as a "Great spot". The room was pretty tiny, really nice, but pretty tiny. After the first day, it was like we were PESTS or pesky children. You can still give respect to younger people, especially when this was purely for boozing and leisure-we DO tip quite nicely!! I was aware, after doing my research of the $7 parking daily and the $4 for internet daily and $1 for the safe (which was never located in our room).
So overall it was great, the KICKER to the story is at check out, I had a bill for eating and drinking at Tortugas Tiki Bar and charging it to our room. Fine. We are done with our vacation and had a great time. Well I got back to my home, and checked my bank statement which had the $175 charge for the billings to our room....AND AN ADDITIONAL $132.10 FOR LORD KNOWS WHAT, on a totally different day-4 days AFTER the fact. I HAVE CALLED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS IS AND IT'S LIKE THE PLACE CLOSED UP SHOP!!! No one has called me back, no one seems to care that they performed an UNAUTHORIZED BANK TRANSACTION OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT, and i'm Still out the $132 as of now! I'm so mad that I immediately jumped on trip advisor because I would not wish this upon anyone!! All we were looking for was a nice, close to restaurants, relaxed, a bit more upscale place to stay. We are a young couple and certainly not made of money, but definitely mature enough to handle a resort type place and it is just so disappointing that I really truely feel like i just got HAD by this place.
If this were not to have happened, i would've given great reviews of this place, but instead, i feel like they are very sleezy, unorganized establishment....

oh yeah and folks, be ready to listen to 16 hrs of reggae music each day -- 8a.m. to 12 a.m. and not even just Bob Marley!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple