Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$171
ComfortSuites
$245
$225
Country Inn
$297
$259
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$215
$170
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$310
$284
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$297
$269
GardenInn.com
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
$108
Agoda.com
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$245
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the streettimeshare ownersfull kitchenliving roomfire pitconcierge deskadult poolhot tuboff seasonthe check in processatlantic avenuesmall balconysun deckbeach frontunitpoolstortuga
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed at the Ocean Beach Club resort for 4th of July weekend, 2014, with another couple, in an ocean front room. We checked in on Saturday and checked out on Tuesday morning.

The room itself was nice, had one room, one bathroom, and a pull-out couch in the living room. The kitchen was very new and clean, with most of the essentials you would need for an extended stay. Don't forget to bring salt & pepper! Off of the bedroom was a balcony that had a beautiful view of the beach and ocean, this was a perfect area to sit at night and enjoy the view, alothough a bit small for more than two people. The bathroom was very clean, and brand new with very stylish features and double sinks, which made it nice for two couples.

During the day the pool got a bit crowded, but it was not as crammed as I expected it to be for a summer holiday weekend. The beach is directly in front of the hotel, with a nice wide boardwalk in between. The beach was fairly open and had plenty of places to set up your own beach blankets and umbrellas, or chairs and umbrellas were available for rent.

The Ocean Beach Club was a very nice resort, and seemed to be a little further out from most of the congestion of other beach hotels and resorts. The only thing that could make it better is a reduction in price... a bit too much in our opinion. But if you are looking for a quieter resort, away from the younger college crowd, this is definitely a place to consider.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank bk26_2000
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Good afternoon bk26

Your comments made my day! Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. Our team was delighted to hear you were pleased with our layout, cleanliness and relaxing boardwalk/beach are. We look forward to being of service to you again on your upcoming trips to Virginia Beach. Thanks again for your kind comments and business.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I thought the hotel was pretty decent. The room we stayed in was pretty nice although I guess due to complaints about the cleanliness of the rooms they went overboard with the bleach in wiping down the room. All you could smell was a heavy aroma of bleach. They also neglected to get rid of a bathing suit top that I assume a previous guest left that was covered in sand hanging in the shower. The customer service seemed pretty good for the most part and the staff seemed pretty helpful, although the bar staff at the Tiki Bar were pretty rude and it took us forever to get anyone to pay attention to us at the bar and around the pool. There was one girl in particular who was very rude. I guess you are supposed to put up a flag on the chair to get service which I was unaware of, when I finally got her attention and she walked over she said in a barking tone "you need to put the flag up to get service" then she sat there waited for me to put the flag up and said "now how can I help you" in a very rude tone. A couple next to me even commented on her rudeness. As far as the actual pool goes the pool area was pretty nice although the pool water was kind of murky and gross in my opinion so I opted not to get in. Check in and check out went pretty smoothly although the cleaning lady kept knocking on the door every 30 minutes asking if we were leaving even though we had late checkout. All in All I think this place was pretty decent but for the price I would have expected a little more.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank laure m

Good afternoon Laure

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club. We hope you enjoyed time at the beach and we appreciate your kind comments about our customer service. I also appreciate your comments regarding the rude bar staff at Tiki bar you experienced during your stay. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

For the amount of money you spend staying here, everything should be pristine, but it was NOT! The carpet in our room was just nasty, and heard others talk about the same thing. The public restroom by the pools only had two stalls for all the hundreds of people there and it was not very clean. Our ocean view room, was just bearly an ocean view room. The room next to us, their bedroom window opened right up to our balcony. Trying to find our room was a JOKE! No one told us that the entrance was behind another door, that was numbered with the room number 1609. Well, our room was 1611 and there was no marking for that and the staff member helping with our luggage didn't even know. You had to pay $8.00 a day for parking in the garage and if you did get a parking spot, you were one of the lucky ones. I will have to say that the parking garage was cleaner than the resort itself. The beaches were very clean, but crowded. The pools at the resort were nice and clean (as far as I could see.) Our room phone rang at least twice a day (this is a time share resort) trying to sell us on this resort.
Overall... I would NOT recommend this resort, it really is not worth the amount of money. There is a lot of updating that needs to be done, as well as A LOT CLEANING!

Room Tip: Take a trip to your room first to check it out!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristen S
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Good afternoon Kristen Shrock

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us on June 28 - July 1. I apologize for the unacceptable issues you experienced with our resort design, room layout, furnishings and parking. Your comments have been shared with our management team and corrective action has been taken were we can. We also would welcome the opportunity to make this matter up to you. Please contact me at Ronelle.Leach@phrinc.com so we can further discuss. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us a second chance to serve you in the near future

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Recently made a reservation for one night, but due to the upcoming tropical storm (possibly a hurricane), called to see if we could change the date. Unfortunately, they would not let me make the change. I would be OK with that (even though I lost $300), but they were extremely RUDE on the phone. Customer Service is key - even when delivering news that the customer does not want to hear. Looks like they just lost a customer FOREVER!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank RichmondGal1
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Good morning Richmondgal 1

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the unacceptable issues you experienced with our reservations team during Tropical storm Arthur which are not consistent with our standards, nor what our guests expect when staying at our resort. Your comments have been shared with our Reservation's manager and corrective action has been taken. We also welcome the opportunity to make this matter up to you. Please contact me at Ronelle.Leach@goldkeyphr.com so we can further discuss. Again, thank you for taking time to leave your feedback and we hope you give us a second chance to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Ocean Beach Club is purported to be the Premier Vacation Experience on Virginia Beach's Ocean front. We became owners of the time share/Hotel several years ago,when Phase 2 was just completed & absolutely LOVED every part of it. The pools, the ambiance, the upscale atmosphere. This year, we were greatly disappointed. (See this years review of Tortuga's.)
When we walked in the room, we were greeted by a oversized super fan and "shop-vacuum". Apparently there was a problem with the A/C unit which kept soaking the carpet. It was an issue most of the week....after several days of complaints the A/C unit was finally replaced.
The toilet paper hanger DIDN'T hang the toilet paper...it kept falling on the floor. The wire basket in the shower was broken and wires stuck out from it. On and on I could go.

Then there was "Family movie night" It was suppose to be by the pool on the deck. We were told by the Concierge at the desk that because of the weather it was being held on the 10th floor sun deck of the OCEANAIRE. Long story short... about 50 people (Parents & young children) almost missed the movie because it never was moved from the poolside area. Our son discovered that the movie was down there...no one from the resort told us. In fact, when we called the concierge desk, the told us again the movie was on the 10th floor sun deck. When we told the staff running the movie about all the people up on the sundeck & that the concierge told us the movie was up there, there said they knew nothing about it!!!!

In summery, usually you get what you pay for. Pay a lot get a lot. No so anymore with the Ocean Beach Club & Oceanaire (where you're suppose to feel like a 'millionaire at the ocean.')

We've got our timeshare & we'll continue to use it because it's paid for & it's ours to enjoy. But there's no way to feel like a millionaire here anymore.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Bill and Sandra P

Good afternoon William and Sandra Popp

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club. We hope you enjoyed your timeshare week and we appreciate your kind comments about ambiance and upscale atmosphere. I also appreciate your comments regarding the HVAC repairs you experienced during your stay. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.