“Decent” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Beach Club

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ocean Beach Club
Ranked #72 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I thought the hotel was pretty decent. The room we stayed in was pretty nice although I guess due to complaints about the cleanliness of the rooms they went overboard with the bleach in wiping down the room. All you could smell was a heavy aroma of bleach. They also neglected to get rid of a bathing suit top that I assume a previous guest left that was covered in sand hanging in the shower. The customer service seemed pretty good for the most part and the staff seemed pretty helpful, although the bar staff at the Tiki Bar were pretty rude and it took us forever to get anyone to pay attention to us at the bar and around the pool. There was one girl in particular who was very rude. I guess you are supposed to put up a flag on the chair to get service which I was unaware of, when I finally got her attention and she walked over she said in a barking tone "you need to put the flag up to get service" then she sat there waited for me to put the flag up and said "now how can I help you" in a very rude tone. A couple next to me even commented on her rudeness. As far as the actual pool goes the pool area was pretty nice although the pool water was kind of murky and gross in my opinion so I opted not to get in. Check in and check out went pretty smoothly although the cleaning lady kept knocking on the door every 30 minutes asking if we were leaving even though we had late checkout. All in All I think this place was pretty decent but for the price I would have expected a little more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank laure m
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Good afternoon Laure

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club. We hope you enjoyed time at the beach and we appreciate your kind comments about our customer service. I also appreciate your comments regarding the rude bar staff at Tiki bar you experienced during your stay. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

For the amount of money you spend staying here, everything should be pristine, but it was NOT! The carpet in our room was just nasty, and heard others talk about the same thing. The public restroom by the pools only had two stalls for all the hundreds of people there and it was not very clean. Our ocean view room, was just bearly an ocean view room. The room next to us, their bedroom window opened right up to our balcony. Trying to find our room was a JOKE! No one told us that the entrance was behind another door, that was numbered with the room number 1609. Well, our room was 1611 and there was no marking for that and the staff member helping with our luggage didn't even know. You had to pay $8.00 a day for parking in the garage and if you did get a parking spot, you were one of the lucky ones. I will have to say that the parking garage was cleaner than the resort itself. The beaches were very clean, but crowded. The pools at the resort were nice and clean (as far as I could see.) Our room phone rang at least twice a day (this is a time share resort) trying to sell us on this resort.
Overall... I would NOT recommend this resort, it really is not worth the amount of money. There is a lot of updating that needs to be done, as well as A LOT CLEANING!

Room Tip: Take a trip to your room first to check it out!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kristen S
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Good afternoon Kristen Shrock

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us on June 28 - July 1. I apologize for the unacceptable issues you experienced with our resort design, room layout, furnishings and parking. Your comments have been shared with our management team and corrective action has been taken were we can. We also would welcome the opportunity to make this matter up to you. Please contact me at Ronelle.Leach@phrinc.com so we can further discuss. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us a second chance to serve you in the near future

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Recently made a reservation for one night, but due to the upcoming tropical storm (possibly a hurricane), called to see if we could change the date. Unfortunately, they would not let me make the change. I would be OK with that (even though I lost $300), but they were extremely RUDE on the phone. Customer Service is key - even when delivering news that the customer does not want to hear. Looks like they just lost a customer FOREVER!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RichmondGal1
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Good morning Richmondgal 1

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the unacceptable issues you experienced with our reservations team during Tropical storm Arthur which are not consistent with our standards, nor what our guests expect when staying at our resort. Your comments have been shared with our Reservation's manager and corrective action has been taken. We also welcome the opportunity to make this matter up to you. Please contact me at Ronelle.Leach@goldkeyphr.com so we can further discuss. Again, thank you for taking time to leave your feedback and we hope you give us a second chance to serve you in the near future.
PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Ocean Beach Club is purported to be the Premier Vacation Experience on Virginia Beach's Ocean front. We became owners of the time share/Hotel several years ago,when Phase 2 was just completed & absolutely LOVED every part of it. The pools, the ambiance, the upscale atmosphere. This year, we were greatly disappointed. (See this years review of Tortuga's.)
When we walked in the room, we were greeted by a oversized super fan and "shop-vacuum". Apparently there was a problem with the A/C unit which kept soaking the carpet. It was an issue most of the week....after several days of complaints the A/C unit was finally replaced.
The toilet paper hanger DIDN'T hang the toilet paper...it kept falling on the floor. The wire basket in the shower was broken and wires stuck out from it. On and on I could go.

Then there was "Family movie night" It was suppose to be by the pool on the deck. We were told by the Concierge at the desk that because of the weather it was being held on the 10th floor sun deck of the OCEANAIRE. Long story short... about 50 people (Parents & young children) almost missed the movie because it never was moved from the poolside area. Our son discovered that the movie was down there...no one from the resort told us. In fact, when we called the concierge desk, the told us again the movie was on the 10th floor sun deck. When we told the staff running the movie about all the people up on the sundeck & that the concierge told us the movie was up there, there said they knew nothing about it!!!!

In summery, usually you get what you pay for. Pay a lot get a lot. No so anymore with the Ocean Beach Club & Oceanaire (where you're suppose to feel like a 'millionaire at the ocean.')

We've got our timeshare & we'll continue to use it because it's paid for & it's ours to enjoy. But there's no way to feel like a millionaire here anymore.

2 Thank Bill and Sandra P
Good afternoon William and Sandra Popp

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club. We hope you enjoyed your timeshare week and we appreciate your kind comments about ambiance and upscale atmosphere. I also appreciate your comments regarding the HVAC repairs you experienced during your stay. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.
Sangerville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our stay at the Ocean Beach Club was amazing. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Access to 4 pools and a beautiful ocean view. My only complaint is that there were no recycling bins to be found in the entire complex.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean front upon checking in.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking time to leave us positive feedback about your stay at Ocean Beach Club. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the friendly/helpful staff and 4 pools. Your kind comments will be shared with our team. We look forward to being of service to you during future visits to Virginia Beach.
Robbinsville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with my BIL's family. We had an Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite.
It is kind of pricey, but the the location, it is well worth it. right on the beach and plenty of restaurants nearby. 3 pools at Ocean club and you could also use the adults only pool and club some steps away.

We did pay for parking but many of the hotels on the beach charge that. My only complaint is that they could not accommodate our request to be on the same floor even thought we booked it in advance. We also had to remind them to completely clean our room and replace the towels and sheets. I would recommend others to stay because of location and the pools.

Room Tip: Pay for the ocean front, well worth the extra $ and waking up to the sunset was awesome
2 Thank Reena007
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club Resort. We hope you enjoyed your 3 night family vacation and we appreciate your kind comments about our location, pools and ocean front views. I also appreciate your comments regarding our inability to get your rooms together. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.
Clarksburg, wv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed at the OBC this weekend. I booked at the last minute and had very few options. I chose the OBC because it had everything I wanted, but I got taken on the price. I paid about $420 per night with everything included. I was Ok with that because I hoped it would be something amazing, but I was not that impressed. I would have been pleased at about half the price. One major complaint I had was my A/C unit did not work the first night we were there and they had nobody available to fix it. We were offered the chance to move to another room but our daughter was already asleep and it was not worth the hassle. I thought they may offer me a discount for that night, no dice. I am also not impressed with the design of the building because the pool gets no sun after about 1:30 pm, and the pool is very small for such a big resort. They do have a second kiddie pool, and an indoor option, but the main pool is still too small and overcrowded. I also decided to participate in the timeshare presentation, the sales person was very nice and did not pressure us, but I really was not interested. Very overpriced, just like the room. Also the bed was terribly uncomfortable.

4 Thank GarKeith
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club Resort. We hope you enjoyed your weekend visit to Virginia Beach and we appreciate your kind comments about our nice place. I also appreciate your comments regarding the price value and broken A/C you experienced during your stay. I was happy to hear that our staff did offer to move you that night it stopped working. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.