We spent Christmas week here on a time-share exchange to stay close to family for the holidays. Our oceanfront 1-bedroom condo offered excellent views of the Atlantic with fabulous sunrises and sunsets. The Ocean Beach Club complex was well located on Atlantic Avenue, employees were extremely friendly and helpful, and amenities like indoor and outdoor heated pools were welcoming, even with the December weather. Ocean Beach Club was very nice, but not the same caliber as the Marriott, Hilton, or Westin Resorts we are more accustomed to staying at. Amenities like trash chutes, guest laundry, soda and ice machines, and elevators were all very convenient to our unit.
Our 1 bedroom unit on the 7th floor was well maintained, clean, and perfect for our stay in the area. The bed was very comfortable and dresser and closet space was very adequate. Two HVAC units in the condo allowed for temperature control in each living area. The bedroom HVAC unit was very close to the bed causing it to blow over/at a person if left on at night. The bathroom, kitchen, dining areas, and living room areas offered plenty of space for their purposes. There were two (42"?) LG Flat Screen TVs in the unit. There was a nice sized safe in the bedroom closet, not like the smaller ones in some hotels.
Several restaurants and adequate parking was available close to the complex. Unfortunately parking was at an added charge. I expect parking here is at a premium during high season. Grocery stores were within a few blocks.
The one item of frustration was the inability to get cell service without going out on the balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest oceanfront resorts in Virginia Beach, Ocean Beach Club features upscale studios with kitchenettes, and 1- and 2-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens and separate living rooms with queen sleeper sofas. Resort amenities include an oceanfront adult only infinity pool with bar service, an indoor pool with cascading water features, two outdoor oceanfront pools including a children's pool, a 17th floor ocean view fitness center, and a Game Room. Guests can enjoy a specialty cocktail at Ultra Craft Cocktails Lounge, or dine poolside for breakfast, lunch or dinner at seasonal Tortugas Café & Tiki Bar. Accommodations feature private balconies with city views or ocean views, jetted tubs in suites, cable TV with premium channels, DVD players, free Wi-Fi and in-room safes. Ocean Beach Club also offers laundry facilities onsite, a concierge to plan excursions and a Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Ocean Beach Club Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Virginia
- Ocean Beach Club Resort