“Just what Virginia Beach needs!”
Review of Ocean Beach Club

and 1 more site!
Ocean Beach Club
Ranked #71 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked this through Hotwire so we had no idea about this resort. Parking was across the street. Other than that was pleasantly surprised. Tiki bar, pools, hot tub, lounge. They have it all! Initially we had a side view room but we talked to the front desk and it was switched to a ocean view. They had a resort next door that was still under construction but they were not working during our stay Staff was courteous. We will stay here again when we come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
1  Thank Randolph T

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had an excellent stay at this resort. We have been to Virginia Beach many times & this is by far the nicest resort we have stayed in. It is right on the ocean and very convenient to shopping and places to eat. We had an efficiency which was ocean front/balcony. This room was perfect for two people. We loved having a small kitchen in our room. The bed was very comfortable and the view was perfect. The pools are very nice - there are four pools and one is an adults only pool and it was just beautiful. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Parking garage was nice but was across the street & you have to pay $8 per day to park. No parking on site so handicapped will be forced to valet park their cars; this was not a problem for us but want others to know. We did love our room and the resort overall. We would stay her again & highly recommend it to others!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room. Price will be a little higher but it's worth it!
1  Thank Joyce S
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I vacationed at the Ocean Beach Club June 12 thru 16. We booked our ocean view room through Expedia. We were given a very bad ocen view room across from a construction site. The workers at the construction site started before 5am and even worked on Saturday. After we checked in we voiced our concern to the front desk but the young lady was not sympathic and in so many words said that since we booked through a travel sight, we were not given a good room location.The better rooms are reserved for vistors that book directly through their site. She was not very friendly and never even smiled at us. On or about the third day of our stay, the fire alarm went off at approx 11pm. We dressed and walked down to the lobby from the 15th floor and were told to return to our room, but the alarm was still going off. We never received an apology (or a free cup of coffee/drink) for the inconvience. I will not stay here during future trip to VB

Room Tip: Request a room away from the construction site.
3  Thank Denise B
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We are MVCI owners and usually stay at their properties. This was our first time in VA Beach and we were happy to see the resort is such a nice place. We had an oceanfront 2 bedroom condo for the three of us. Property is very nice, beautiful pool area (though a bit crowded with too many chairs squeezed in). The unit had everything we needed. Loved the boardwalk and how you can walk to most everything. The minuses: bedrooms only have one queen bed, the sofa is worn and hard to sit on, and the mattresses needed to be replaced. One bed was very hard, the other very soft, but none just right. Despite the furniture, we will return.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TinaK20176
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It would be hard to complain about anything with Ocean Beach Club. The view was stunning. The room was comfortable. The staff was friendly. Even minor issues were resolved quickly.

Maybe my only complaint is that I ran out of time.

I would go back. I will go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RobAdams5512
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here 2-3 times when I go to VA Beach. The hotel selection in the VA Beach area is sub par in my opinion compared to most beach locations. I'd give this place a 3.5 star rating. Studio Room was clean and nice. It was a little small but completely fine with me. The pool area is very nice and they have and outdoor and two indoor pools which is very nice because a lot of VA Beach hotels only have indoor pools. They have servers walking around the pool for drinks and food and also have a decent restaurant bar adjacent to the pool. I would go back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank WVUgrad05
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Upon checking in I was told that I had a $3.00 balance for the parking, which I prepaid for January. That was the start on my issues with the hotel. Although it was only three dollars, I felt that they should stick with the original billed amount for the parking and not charge me another three dollars because the parking fee went up since I booked the reservation...My next issue is even more annoying, upon entering the room I was greeted by people from the neighboring building looking right in my room, as I was looking into their rooms. The two buildings are about ten feet apart!! There is no privacy when the drapes are open. I did not even want to use the balcony...

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not between the buildings...May be you will get lucky, management not very he...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family