We have been coming to this timeshare for years, usually on use it or lose it points (lousy system) and this year, we should have just lost the points. .
We were stuck in a "studio" with a street view which is about 300 square feet, much smaller than most nice hotel rooms, and it doesn't have a kitchen! A week without a kitchen while on vacation, it was a lousy way to spend the week. When we asked if we could switch to a room with a balcony, the curt response was no, they were booked up. This is a 17 or 18 story building with over 300 rooms and only about 100 occupied!
Parking is across the street, which is fine, but this year we were told very rudely that we could not park on the 2nd flood, that was reserved for their Discovery Club guests only! Been an owner for years, but now.... And since they own the garage, they need to clean the stairwells, they look like they're being used as bathrooms!
The place is really run down. The carpets are nasty, haven't been vacuumed in forever - dried food everywhere, the walls are filthy, the furniture is dirty, the bathroom door knob was broken, the freezer(??) in the under counter fridge was iced over, there's peeling wallpaper everywhere, clogged drains, and dust everywhere. Where the cleaning staff should be, they obviously aren't - trash on the floors remained there all week.
Hope never to come back here again. It's not worth what felt like a filthy germ fest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest oceanfront resorts in Virginia Beach, Ocean Beach Club features upscale studios with kitchenettes, and 1- and 2-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens and separate living rooms with queen sleeper sofas. Resort amenities include an oceanfront adult only infinity pool with bar service, an indoor pool with cascading water features, two outdoor oceanfront pools including a children's pool, a 17th floor ocean view fitness center, and a Game Room. Guests can enjoy a specialty cocktail at Ultra Craft Cocktails Lounge, or dine poolside for breakfast, lunch or dinner at seasonal Tortugas Café & Tiki Bar. Accommodations feature private balconies with city views or ocean views, jetted tubs in suites, cable TV with premium channels, DVD players, free Wi-Fi and in-room safes. Ocean Beach Club also offers laundry facilities onsite, a concierge to plan excursions and a Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ocean Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Ocean Beach Club Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Virginia
- Ocean Beach Club Resort