First of all, I would return to this location. However, despite what others are reporting, this is NOT a 5 Star Luxury Resort. Since many have already wrote about the positive aspects of this location, I will write upon the negative that I experienced.
I was not staying here as a Time Share Guest. I booked this as a hotel stay. If you wish to have your room serviced during your stay, you have to PAY EXTRA for it. You can get towel exchanges at the desk and you can leave your trash in the hall and they will take it. There is a flyer posted on the refrigerator outlining the fees and services from the cleaning staff. I was paying $120 per night for a one bedroom suite and every hotel I have ever stayed in has provided cleaning services for free. Not here. At check out, the manager apologized to me and said that the housekeeping staff believed that I was a time share guest. The management did not offer to take anything off of my bill.
I was told during booking by a staff member that my IPhone, IPAD, and Laptop with mobile hotspot would work in my room. This is not true. I spent many hours on the phone with T-Mobile, Verizon, Apple, and Eco-Stream the hotel's internet provider. Verizon was telling me that there had to be a "BLOCK" up and Eco-Stream was telling my that each of my 3 internet devices must have been broken and that for $7.00 per day, they could correct my problem. None of my three devices would work in the lobby. Because I told the management that I was paying $27 for use of my cell phone, IPad, and mobile hotspot during my stay, and I was prevented from using my devices inside the building, the manager did take off my parking fee (a comparable amount) off of my bill at check out. The manager told me that the problem appears to be with Apple users and other devices don't seem to have the same problem.
At booking I was told there was a Jacuzzi/Hot Tub on site. This is actually located in the hotel/facility next door and it is only open for ages over 21.
They do provide you with a full kitchen. However, there are no broiler pans or oven pans that can be used in the oven. We had to purchase disposable aluminum pans for cooking. The stove top pots/pans have plastic handles that are not heat proof.
The AC/Heater unit in 716A blew directly onto the bed. This bothered me. I would wake during the night cold and I would turn the heat on and wait for the room to warm up before turning it off again and going back to bed.
Many of the guests here are Military Families. That being said, if someone in your party is recuperating from PTSD, you should tell the front desk that you need to be notified if there will be any construction during your stay. I did this. However, the staff did not share this information with one another, and in the middle of one afternoon, construction workers started up jackhammers to remove a section of tile floor in the room below us. Our inconvenience could have been avoided by the staff sharing information with one another, and during the work, we could have gone to the lobby for a cup of coffee or taken a walk.
That's it for my negative experiences. Like I said, I would return to this location in the future. But knowing what I know now, I am now better prepared for the inconveniences.
One other thing you might want to be aware of. The company which owns this location is called Gold Key. They own numerous locations, hotels, restaurants, parking garages, stores, souvenir shops, snack shops, information booths, etc. up and down the boardwalk and Atlantic Avenue. You will be "nickle and dimed" by this company during your entire stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest oceanfront resorts in Virginia Beach, Ocean Beach Club features upscale studios with kitchenettes, and 1- and 2-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens and separate living rooms with queen sleeper sofas. Resort amenities include an oceanfront adult only infinity pool with bar service, an indoor pool with cascading water features, two outdoor oceanfront pools including a children's pool, a 17th floor ocean view fitness center, and a Game Room. Guests can enjoy a specialty cocktail at Ultra Craft Cocktails Lounge, or dine poolside for breakfast, lunch or dinner at seasonal Tortugas Café & Tiki Bar. Accommodations feature private balconies with city views or ocean views, jetted tubs in suites, cable TV with premium channels, DVD players, free Wi-Fi and in-room safes. Ocean Beach Club also offers laundry facilities onsite, a concierge to plan excursions and a Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Ocean Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Ocean Beach Club Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Virginia
- Ocean Beach Club Resort