“First class” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 108 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Lisbon, Connecticut
“First class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is our second trip here , the improvements are the adjacent hotel is owned by the same group. Within easy steps you can use there hot tub,Infinity pool, Martini bar, and if you are a timeshare owner, a new private deck on the 10th floor, including a fire pit !
We had a great time

Room Tip: oceanfront rooms are always the best if available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mdl41

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Morgantown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I own 2 timeshares at the Ocean Beach Club. We have been coming here since it opened. Every time we arrive, we feel like we have come home. Many of the Valet's know us and welcome us. Tommy, the concierge has been taking care of us for years. It is a beautiful property with many amenities and definitely family friendly. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Studio's are very small. Choose one bedroom suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank sloanes4life
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at ocean beach club resort Sept 2012.I do not have one negative thing to say. I was married directly in front of the hotel on the beach and it was perfect. Our room was more than we expected,my husband fell in love with the gym (that over looks the ocean),all the views were amazing and service was great .. I had read reviews about people being bugged about time shares but not once was it mentioned to us! I can not wait to go back for our one year anniversary next year!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank akellogg
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I spent Columbus Day weekend for a Mother, daughter , Granddaughter getaway. We had a two bedroom unit which was nice but the rooms are configured strangely. The A unit had a bedroom, living room. full kitchen and bathroom and the B unit was like an efficency and you had to go out of a door to a small vestibule and unlock the door to go to the next unit. Everything was in excellent shape, however the bedroom did have a very old style TV, I had not seen one like that in a long time. This unit was very accomodating for adults or teens, but if you have small children it would not be satisfactory because of the second bedroom being a separate unit.

It was very convient to the ocean and boardwalk. There were several pools and we had fun in them. The hot tub was very nice. I really enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs by the outdoor fire pit. I was on a timeshare exchange and they did not have an ocean view available but I did still have a nice time.

All encounters with the staff were very good. Friendly and helpful personnel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an ocean view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Butterfly063
Philippi, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We shared a friends' timeshare. They used the Saturday through Monday and went Tuesday through Saturday. We weren't hassled at all about listening to the timeshare pitch. It was suggested but that was the end of that.

There is a start up pack for the kitchen including paper towels, dish washing liquid, dishwasher tablets, dish cloth and dish towel, a roll of paper towels and a supply of beach towels so you don't have to think about bringing these items. No big deal except I wouldn't have taken those items. Also there is a hair dryer and an iron/ironing board. Beach chairs are available for a daily fee, Wi-Fi also available with a $5 daily fee but is free in the lobby. Parking is free with the pass they give you at check in, otherwise it is $10 a day and the garage is about 1/2 block from the OBC. (Ocean Beach Club). (You can buy the beach towels for $25)

The in room jacuzzi tub was very nice. The suite was clean and nicely laid out. We had a one bedroom unit with ocean view on the 13th floor. I think the unit we had was called ocean view queen suite. The first unit to the east is oceanfront, then a ocean view unit and then the unit we had behind the 2nd unit. They also have city view only units.

The kitchen is well stocked with glassware, flatware and anything you would need to do a little bit of cooking. Mostly we ate breakfast cereal at the suite and ate out at various places in the area.

The coffee provided is not the best. And if you take your own coffee, you need to take coffee filters. However, there is a restaurant across the street and to the North directly across from Oceanaire that has breakfast foods and coffee, Pocahontas is the name of the restaurant. (Large for $1.75). There was coffee available to buy at the in hotel restaurant. Prices were decent, coffee was just so so. They don't serve the coffee until 8:30 a.m. They also have a very limited breakfast menu.

Just one block down on the boardwalk going South is the 33rd Street Cafe, oceanfront outdoor seating for lunch and dinner (Dinner wasn't being served during our off season stay). We are lunch there one day and the prices were reasonable and the food was very good.

We walked a lot and shopped some, sat on the beach, walked the boardwalk. You can't beat the location. Catch 31 Restaurant and Neptunes is close by and to the South but we didn't try those out. There is also an on site restaurant. We didn't try it either but wish we had. It was always busy, a good sign of good food/beverages.

We did swim around a little in the outdoor pool. I was disappointed that there wasn't a hot tub in the indoor pool. I think the one section was supposed to be a hot tub but it was opened up into the regular pool section. But that wasn't a problem since there was an in room jacuzzi. However, other reviews that I have read state the OBC guests can use the Oceanaire hot tub.

There is one elevator at OBC that the door closes rather quickly. It's the one that is first on the left side going from the lobby area. Just be careful.

We had no problems with the room or housekeeping, etc. We got exchange of towels on Thursday and asked for extra wash cloths and that wasn't any problem. If you want clean/new towels daily, there is a fee. If you get towels every other day, there isn't a fee.

The pillows were a little lumpy. I was wishing we had taken our own pillows. Otherwise the furnishings were satisfactory.

We would stay here again, given the opportunity. The ocean view room was satisfactory considering our use arrangement. There wasn't any chair on the small balcony but I understand that is because of safety issues.

If you want to use the washer/dryer units, they are located on the even floors and are paid machines, which is fine if you have the $1.50 and $1 for using them.

Room Tip: Don't choose a city view room. I'm sure they are okay but you aren't going to get any oc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie H
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

They are not accommodating! They lie they don't try and fix a problem their answer is no for everything. Don't bother asking for the general manager they will tell you they can't reach him. He must not have a cell phone! This is 2012 everyone can be reached!!! Did I mention this is my first wedding anniversary??!! NO that doesn't matter NO they didn't do anything nice! YES I put it in the comments YES I called and asked if the room was ocean front YES I got here and I'm looking at a parking lot YES I can see the ocean if I HANG off the the balcony. YES the manager tried to up sell to me to solve the issue NO I'm not paying more for your mistake!!!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank LL222
Linden, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We have a family vacation here at least every couple of years. This year has been a lot of fun, especially because the kids are older and can enjoy more things independently. The beach and boardwalk are close, the view is amazing, the pools are warm and clean, and the bathtubs are big. What more could you want? My only dislike is the trying to get you to 'buy up' into the next phase of the condo timeshare. Oh! And the 21 and over pool at OceanAire is really nice.

• Stayed October 2012