I stayed here Fri-Mon of Columbus Day wknd for a girls getaway. My college roommate had a timeshare for this resort. Check in was easy, but we were told that we couldn't check in until 5pm, which to me is a little late. Its hard to check in, unpack, walk around the resort, eat and still get to bed at a reasonable hour.
We were on the 8th floor facing the street. She got a suite with a kitchen and I got the adjoining hotel type room. My room was small but looked very nice. I did notice a musty odor when the air condition wasn't running...but as long as it ran, you didnt notice anything. The room was pretty much clean, but the wall around the toilet had speckles on it like someone had vomited and they forgot to wipe down the wall. Also, the water pressure in the shower wasn't that great. (my roomate's shower was fine though) The towels were clean, stainfree and there was a hairdryer.
The bed and linens were great. Very comfortable. It also was quiet and easy to relax at night.
The location of this resort was great. There is a fantastic little pizza joint right across the street. I love the beach, but am not a sand person, so I hung out by the pool the whole time. I LOVED that they had an OVER 21 pool, which is where we stayed the WHOLE time. GREAT hottub! VERY clean. They also provided extra beach towels at the pool, which was a nice touch.
One day it rained so we used the gym. It was great, very clean, beautiful view of the beach and new equipment. There also was a fridge that had cool towels in it. It is a really great facility, but there were no free-weights. Just a 5 or 10 lb set would be a nice addition.
Check out was also easy and the bellboy was fantastic. VERY helpful.
Overall, I thought this place was very nice and would reccomend it to anyone except for one HUGE issue...I had flown to Virginia for this getaway. I packed everything the night before leaving except for what I was going to wear on my flight back. I left a pair of earrings (CZ that look real) and a necklace on the bathroom counter and in my hurry to get to the airport, forgot them. I realized my error during my layover and called the hotel to see if they could send them to me. we checked out at 8am and I called at 2:30pm. They put me though to the maid service (who handles the lost&found) who said they would look and call me back. They called less than 10 min later and said that they didn't find any jewelry. THIS IS CRAP! I know for a fact that I left them on the counter and if check in isn't until 5pm the only person who would have been in that room is staff. They also acted like it was not a big deal..which sort of pissed me off. I can't prove anything, but what if the earrings had been real? Then I would have been REALLY pissed. I take responsibilty that I forgot them, but that doesn't make it someone elses property...AND we even left a tip for the maid. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND NOT GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest oceanfront resorts in Virginia Beach, Ocean Beach Club features upscale studios with kitchenettes, and 1- and 2-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens and separate living rooms with queen sleeper sofas. Resort amenities include an oceanfront adult only infinity pool with bar service, an indoor pool with cascading water features, two outdoor oceanfront pools including a children's pool, a 17th floor ocean view fitness center, and a Game Room. Guests can enjoy a specialty cocktail at Ultra Craft Cocktails Lounge, or dine poolside for breakfast, lunch or dinner at seasonal Tortugas Café & Tiki Bar. Accommodations feature private balconies with city views or ocean views, jetted tubs in suites, cable TV with premium channels, DVD players, free Wi-Fi and in-room safes. Ocean Beach Club also offers laundry facilities onsite, a concierge to plan excursions and a Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Ocean Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Ocean Beach Club Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Virginia
- Ocean Beach Club Resort