Four Sails Resort
$315
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$285
ComfortSuites
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
$361
$339
  • Beachfront
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
$584
$369
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$265
$250
$356
$339
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$219
ComfortInn
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$327
$309
$389
$359
GardenInn.com
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomindoor poollarge jacuzzi tubtight parkinglong balconyoceanfront balconyan older resortsingle elevatorwell equipped kitchenking suiteslow elevatortime sharefree bikesbeach chairsthe ground flooroff season
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We've been going to The Four Sails for the last 18 years and although we don't get the chance to go every year, we do enjoy our stay every time we go. My only complaint would be that it's starting to show it's age and look tired and needs to be updated.
The staff have always been friendly as well as house keeping. The rooms are always clean also.
There's a small parking garage on site and is not suited for larger vehicles, but I have a mini-van and have managed it without problems. Longer and taller vehicles wouldn't fit though and would have to park in another lot of theirs, two block over.
I'll be going back when I can, and hopefully they'll resolve these issues in time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ends of the building will have an ocean front view and the sun coming up in the morning and the sun setting over a view of the city side in the afternoon. Those rooms seem more spacious also, all though I'm sure it's only due to the layout.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul W
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family stayed here for several days over Christmas. The staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. Our room was clean, comfortable, spacious, quiet, and serene. We had everything we needed in our suite. The kitchen was equipped with the basics, the bedroom was comfortable, and the livingroom area was nice. Having two balconies was an added bonus, and we enjoyed going out on both (one faced the street, and was fun for "people watching". The other was ocean front and great for coffee and a good book). A great place for a relaxing get away. We would definitely stay there, and would refer a friend!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 3JayBees
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I came into the Four Sails through RCI for a week in December with my boyfriend. I was impressed how quick and easy check-in was. The king sized suite was perfect for two people. It came equipped with everything you might need. Nice sized kitchen with stove, microwave, full refrigerator, plenty of counter space and a dishwasher. The living room has plenty of seating with a pull out couch a 4 extra chairs. There were also two high top bar stools that looked into the kitchen which was nice. There was also a bookshelf included with a nice stereo which we enjoyed. The room was nice with a king sized bed and a flat screen TV. With a big sized closet, dresser and a nightstand there was plenty of storage area for your personal items. I liked about the room that there was an extra vanity area to get ready at that had a big mirror (and an addition pull out make-up mirror) a sink and lots of room for all my hair and makeup items. The bathroom was nice with the biggest Jacuzzi tub. Loved it. The balcony was perfect too with two doors (one in the bedroom and one in the living room) that stretched across the whole room. The walk to the room in the hallway was kind of scary though since we were on the 12th floor and its just a balcony looking over the parking lot with no glass or anything. If you are afraid of heights you might want to request a lower floor. Parking was okay, the garage is kind of tight but since it was winter i always had a spot on the ground floor. There is daily housekeeping that come and take the trash and bring towels which was cool, staff was very friendly every time. The front desk was nice and very accommodating when it came to anything we needed. The pool area and some of the hallways and entrances could use some updating but other than that everything was very nice. I would stay here again. :] thank you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cristina c
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was our third time staying at the Four Sails Resort. I knew to expect a resort that is slightly dated but one that was spotless clean, well decorated with spacious rooms, windows in kitchen and bath, two balconies (den/bedroom), convertible sofa in den, large closets, two flat screen tvs, free wireless, full kitchen with pots/pans/dished/etc (and we took advantage of that!), dvd player with full speaker system, tight parking, guest laundry, on site cafe, free bicycles which rent for $10 to $20/hour at other beach spots, free computer in lobby, eighth floor sun deck, fitness room with dry sauna and weights, reasonably priced video rentals, and very accommodating, friendly and highly ethical customer service. This time we had a jacuzzi tub as well. And the indoor pool was just steps from our fourth floor location. Since this was the off season, we didn't mind that our bedroom faced Atlantic Blvd. However, during the summer months, be sure to bring ear plugs because the street noise might disturb your sleep. The balcony off the den area was a perfect spot to take in the beautiful ocean views, people watch and take in the view of the annual Holiday Light show for free (those who drove down the boardwalk had to pay $10 per car).

The Four Sails is a few blocks from a large Harris Teeter grocery store and across the street from a delicious pizza joint, the Pizzeria.

BTW, it is a timeshare and I'm not a timeshare owner. But it didn't matter, because I got an excellent rate using this TripAdvisor site (almost half off). Now while there if you want to purchase a Four Sails timeshare, they have bargain basement sales offers with no pressure sales. But be warned, when walking up and down Atlantic Ave, there will be lots of smiling pressure sales people at every other block or so, attempting to sign you up for their 90 minute timeshare 'tour' and 'gift'. Oh and before I close this review, I have a question for you. Have you ever left something of value to you in a hotel room and called back to find out it wasn't there...it had mysteriously disappeared? Well, I left something of value and called back to inquire about it. Not only did the cleaning staff turn my item in, but the management is mailing it to me at no charge. Now, that's customer service!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank slowee08
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I spend week 46 there every year, and i love it. Tourist season is over, but most everything is still open. The shops and food are simply awesome. The staff at the hotel are great, and always give you a hand with any info you need. The room is big enough to fit 4 comfortably. Did i mention your own jacuzzi tub in your room. Plus two flat screens to watch. With wifi (now available) i hook up my laptop to the tv and the sky its the limit with things to watch. The view of the ocean is beautiful; dolphins constantly swim by and the sun rise its unbelievable. I look forward to going back every year.

• Stayed: November 2012