Before staying at the Four Sails, I had done some research in the area to see where you could really get your best bang for your buck and stay right on the beach. Early on the Four Sails jumped off the page but unlike the other hotels in the area, this is not a national chain and it was hard to figure out if I should only believe the good reviews or the bad reviews. In the end I decided to give it a shot and thankfully I made the right decision. My wife and I traveled with our toddler age son and we had a great time.
Check in was very quick and easy, they were even able to supply us with a crib for our son. While the parking may be considered tight, there is garage on-site which some hotels on Virginia Beach do not have. The covered parking was very nice especially during the thunderstorm that came through the area on Saturday night. The rooms are very basic but clean, there is plenty of room to store any food you bring and they supplied enough dishes for us to use the entire weekend.
Our room had an ocean front balcony that could be accessed from the bed room or the family room. The only minor downside of our room was the noise that could be heard from the indoor pool which was on the floor below us and would impact the 4th through 6th floors, but we didn't hear the noise past 9 pm on either night we were there.
The room included 2 flat screen tvs, a dvd/vcr player (the front desk has movies to rent), a stereo and all seemed pretty well kept. The TV had all of the standard and basic cable stations including a few stations in HD.
The location was really amazing, while it is just north of some of the older, well known Virginia Beach hotels and restaurants, there is a lot of new restaurants, hotels and shops coming to this area. The Oceans 31 development is a couple blocks away and it includes a couple of fantastic restaurants and Neptune park is just a couple blocks away as well. Also Pi-Zzeria and Casby's Tapas Bar and Grill are right across the street.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and hope to come back in the fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Sails Resort is ideally located at the exclusive north end of the oceanfront. All units are one bedroom oceanfront suites with kitchens. We also feature an indoor heated pool, Exercise room with sauna, Sundeck, and oceanfront cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Four Sails Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Sails Resort
- Four Sails Hotel Virginia Beach
- Four Sails Virginia Beach