“LOVED IT WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Weekend with husband and two 15 year old girls and our little dog. room excellent, very clean, pleasantly surprised since hotel allows dogs. all staff great, best nights sleep I have had in a while and that is really unusual away from home. cant wait to go back for a longer visit.,

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed May 15, 2010

My priorities for the trip were a balcony with unobstructed ocean view, a room with seperate sleeping area from living area, and basic kitchen amenities (fridge/microwave/coffemaker) - this place delivered. The staff was great - the free breakfast was decent and convenient. The only disappointment I can note is that the Pay-per-View wasn't available, so no option for watching movies, but this is presumably a temporary issue. I would stay here again, and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2010

This is the nicest of the Pet Friendly Hotel in Virginia Beach. If you like to travel with your dog/pet, this is the hotel to stay at. All the rooms are Oceanfront!! It has a very small balcony on all floors except for the 2nd floor, that are handicap rooms. After talking to someone who was staying in one of the 2nd floor rooms when I was there, I was informed that the room doesn't "look" like a handicap room. I got a double bed room, and the bedroom has a door. What I "LOVE" about this room is, not only is it "oceanfront", the bedroom has a window that covers the entire wall - floor to ceiling. When laying on the bed, the view of the ocean gave me the feeling that I was on a cruise. Amazing. There were also a lot of dogs at the hotel during the time that I was there. I highly recommend this hotel, especially, for dog lovers. If you have pet allergy, you might want to check with the hotel to see if they have non-pet rooms. The location of this hotel is toward the upper side of Atlantic Blvd, away from the mini-golf, games, etc... I prefer this end of the strip is because the hotels are nicer, and this section of the strip has nicer stores and restaurant. One hotel away is the Hilton, where its outdoor area is a performance park that Hilton has donated to VA Beach in 2007. They have live bands performing there every night (?). One last thing... free breakfast! It's not just any breakfast - it has both hot and cold items. I love how I can make warm croissant sandwiches filled with eggs, bacon/sausages. Yum... The only thing I didn't like is that the AC is real loud. The first 2 nights, I was woken up by the loud noise whenever the AC came on, and I felt my heart jumped. After the first 2 nights, it was fine - the noise level was like other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
14  Thank Marinda0
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Check in was a breeze..Room was clean, quiet and comy..Location is a bit away from the "Stuff" on the other end of the boardwalk but still near restaurants and bars. The rate we received was really low and we were happy. It IS off-season,though..

WE had NO problems with parking..In this non-busy time, there was more than enough parking right in front of the hotel..We had to valet it one time,it was quick, free and easy!

The only thing was the Wi-Fi, it was pretty bad. We did not complain since it was not of the utmost importance to us, but if it is to you, I would stay elsewhere

All in all, a nice stay that I would gladly repeat!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dee2673
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We spent 3 days at this hotel. We are in the penthhouse and the view is so good. Service is great and valet parking is free. Breakfast is a little below average but you are at the ocean front.......swimming pool need some help, it is way too hot. The location is so good. rooms are pretty new and clean. the best time for me is the morning having a Starbucks at the balcony. reading a WSJ. listening the waves....kids are still sleeping.....best time of vacation!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2010

First of all we got a Penthouse suite which is at the very top of the place (13th floor). It's right there on the Beach/Walkway so the view off your balcony is fantastic. We were visiting our son who's stationed in Norfolk and lives in Va Beach with his wife so the location was terrific. Not so terrific was the fact that the place had 1 bathroom. The kitchen space was wasted. Also there were 6 of us staying there (they knew it) and we got a tiny tube of shampoo. We got more but we also had to ask for more sheets for the pullout but they had no more blankets. Breakfast was fine, indoor pool was small - did the job. Parking in front is limited but they had another lot 2 blocks down. They had valet if you wanted it but I chose to park it myself. All in all it's fine because of the location and it fit all of us. 2 bathrooms would've helped though and more blankets. I said no to the Fitness Center because they has treadmills and stairmasters like 6. No weights.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Good rooms and service - great views - close to restaurants

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ShaneD2
Travelers also viewed these Virginia Beach hotels
Hyatt House Virginia Beach / Oceanfront
Hyatt House Virginia Beach / Oce...
#12 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfr...
#8 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
#38 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North
Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South
Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfr...
#19 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!