“Just what we needed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Alexandria, Virginia
“Just what we needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

A great place to relax with extra space, a full kitchen, and ocean views. It was clean, comfortable, and the staff was great. This is our third time staying here, and it's our first place to consider when we think of Virginia Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jeff S
Jamie R, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for being a repeat guest. I hope you enjoyed our new look to our property. Residence Inn is exactly what you stated "great place to relax." "Our passion is provide Service So Memorable that our guest tell stories about us" and that is what you just did. Thank you again for your loyalty and hope to see you again next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Hampton Cove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family just returned from the beach and had a great experience in this hotel. We needed dog friendly and they were very accommodating to our little dog. The location was great and the beach was nice. Food was good but the service was especially good. Adriana made us feel at home and everyone we saw was there to help.

Nice change from most hotels!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Paul H
Thanking for taking the time to fill out a review on our property. Adriana is a gem, she always goes out of her way for each of our guests and I am happy to hear her customer service is being mentioned. She is a team player and we are lucky to have her. Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Oceanfront and hope to see you again soon!!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay this week. The service and breakfast was wonderful. I agree with Rick P - this place Rocks! The breakfast was your standard "awesome" Residence Inn variation (for those of you that stay regularly - you know what I mean). We stayed 7 days, and had something different every morning for breakfast. The staff at the front desk was fantastic. Very nice and welcoming. There is not much room for parking, and I thought the valet parking would be an issue. This is the best valet parking of any hotel that I have ever (mean this!) had. Sure they take 10 minutes, but they always take the same amount of time and leave your keys at the front desk. Most of the time you can't tip, even if you want to. The guys are hustling back and forth getting cars. Thank you Residence Inn!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor, and it was very easy to get an elevator. Because the pool is indoors, w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GatorWOW
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Residence Inn Oceanfront. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities while you stayed at our property. Our breakfast is a variety and I agree with you. Wonderful!! With having choices for all our guests. I really appreciate the comments about our valets. They all work so hard everyday to get the vehicles back in a timely manner. I will definitely let them know about your wonderful comments. We all hope to see you again in the future. Enjoy your summer!! Thanks again for staying with us.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just got back from a nice weekend stay at the Residence Inn with my wife and we loved it! I've been to VA beach at least 15 times and have stayed at numerous oceanfront hotels. Surprisingly, this was my 1st time staying here and I gotta say, this place rocks! It was far and away the best oceanfront hotel in VA beach I've ever stayed at, and I've stayed at most of them. I don't know how I missed out on this place, but it will be my hotel of choice when in VA beach from now on! I especially recommend the top floor suites. Everything from the views, (of course the sunrise/sunset, but has anyone ever seen a full moon against a pitch black sky with the moonlight glistening on the ocean?...amazing) to the delicious breakfast buffet (free by the way), to the comfort of the bed was great. Not to mention the very nice and courteous hotel staff. Thomas at the front desk was really great. He made check-in/out a breeze and he offered some useful tips about events and things going on. Appreciate all the help Thomas! Overall, I was very impressed with Residence Inn and would highly recommend them to anyone. Looking forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are ocean view, but the suites boast the best views (HUGE floor to ceiling windo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rick P
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on Trip advisor! Your comments are incredible to hear.We are glad to hear that you will be coming back to our hotel in the future. Thomas works hard every day to ensure a fun and relaxing vacation for our guests. Thank you for your kinds remarks!
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Thank you for another great week. You guys are the best!

This is an excellent hotel if you want to stay on the north end of the beach.. The staff is caring and courteous. The rooms are not fancy but more than adequate and very typical of a beach hotel. I like having a kitchen with a full size refrigerator. Nice area to walk your dog though I do wish some guests would be considerate and pick up after their pooch.

I intend to stay here again and again.

Julius is wonderful and was able to accommodate my request for a specific floor and room with great patience and courtesy. He is consistently cheerful and helpful.

Patricia B.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beachfront but you might want to stay on the far end away from the elevators. I pe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Patricia B
Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Oceanfront over the years and taking the time to review our hotel! I am very excited to hear that Julius was able to get your requests completed. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope you have a great rest of the summer and we will see you again next year!
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The free bfast and pet friendly is a winner. Small store with soft drinks and toiletries comes handy too. The only down side was that the ice machine was in the main floor, but other than that the place was great.

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank egcg
Jamie R, Supervisor at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. All our staff love when our guests bring their extended family (pets) to our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast and our convenience store. I'm excited that you and your family will come visit us in the future!!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I just returned from a 3-night stay at the Residence Inn, Virginia Beach Oceanfront and can't wait to visit again! Overall, I would rate this as outstanding, from the staff to the location. Upon my arrival I received a call from the head of housekeeping to let me know her name should I need anything and she let me know where extra linens were. This was followed by the front desk, to inquire whether there were any problems with my room. As a frequent business traveller, I was pleasantly surprised by the extra, personal touches. The hotel was clean and the staff went out of their way to ensure my stay was perfect. In the mornings, I was greeted with a "How did you sleep?" question from the front desk. Breakfast was included and unlike other places, was hot each morning. The wait staff was in constant motion, makeing sure everything was refreshed and clean and the food was good, solid breakfast fare. Finally, it was great to wake up and look out the wall of windows from my bed to see the sunrise over the ocean. Great way to start the day!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean. Also, this is a pet friendly hotel, and those I met were friendly and qui...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank jane T
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your appreciation of our excellent service and wonderful staff. We take pride when our guest enjoy every part of their stay. We are almost complete with our refresh at our property and hope you will come and visit again to see our final product. Have a wonderful summer from our family to yours!!!