-- Floor-to-Ceiling Bedroom Window Overlooking Ocean
-- Steps from Boardwalk & Beach
-- Overlook *Winter* (Dec./ Jan.) Holiday Lights on Boardwalk
Smaller (under 80 suites), 14-story Residence Inn (RI) on Atlantic Ave (at end of 33rd St.):
• Tiny, 2-chair balcony outside living room sliding glass door with spectacular ocean view (& brisk breeze). (Exciting roar of military jets fly overhead singly or in formation like seabirds.)
• One-bedroom suite, *seems* less roomy (400 sq ft noted) all round, but floor-to-ceiling bedroom window gives illusion of spaciousness. Nice (but worn) beach/ nautical themed decor/ furnishings.
• Tiny gym (older equipment), small (but working) laundry room, computer & printer in seated area in narrow hearth room (not much privacy if a business traveler attempting to print confidential documents).
• Limited parking (free valet) on site; additional parking across street ($10). (Can't imagine parking congestion at high season.)
• Free Internet/ WiFi (difficulty with connection/ strength).
Gatehouse, Breakfast, Meals:
• Narrow (almost cramped) gatehouse sitting area; but spacious counter space for food. (Can't imagine crowding during peak season.)
• Standard RI breakfast fare & evening appetizers. (Hoped for additional healthy options such as: Greek yoghurt, whole grain breads, & variety of different fruits.) Staff had difficulty replenishing depleted items.
• Numerous eateries (within walking distance) to suit various tourist palettes & budgets. (Some closed during off season, but front desk staff helps guide you.)
• If you’ve time & inclination, food shop & prepare your own meals in furnished kitchenette. Harris Teeter grocery (on Arctic Ave.) is a 10-15 min. walk; a 5- to 10-min. drive (1/2 mi./ 0.8 km).
• For holiday travelers not spending time in room (but on beach or elsewhere), limited space may not be issue. For business travelers, a pseudo business/ holiday trip, it's OK for brief stay. (If you're claustrophobic, snug accommodations may be too confining for you long-term.)
• Boardwalk is a strolling delight – even in winter; best bundle up (hat, gloves, scarf, coat) for cold ocean breeze. Desolate off season, but has its wintery beauty nonetheless. (During daylight, see the *unlit* holiday lights before nightfall -- when cars drive entire length of boardwalk viewing the magical movements of elaborate & colorful lighted decorations. At night, *lit* holiday lights are a visual treat for all ages.)
• Excellent oceanfront location & walking areas; enjoyable sights year round.
• If sense of spaciousness, newness, & more substantive, hotel-provided evening meals are a priority (over beach-front location), Virginia Beach Homewood is superb alternative. (Brief drive to beach; must find & pay for parking.) But, it’s hard to beat walking out your front door onto beach, or gazing out your bedroom window onto ocean.
• If you don’t mind dogs or enjoy seeing happy pets on holiday with their humans, you’ll get a kick out of who you’ll run into at the door. (If you’ve pet allergies or are 4-legged averse, this RI may not be for you.)
• If you're self-sufficient, lack of routine housekeeping may not be an issue; if you need service, towels, toiletries, call down to desk & request. (They are responsive.)
Approximate Drive/ Walk Times (Distance):
• 30 min. drive – depending on traffic -- (20 mi./ 32 km) to Norfolk International Airport (ORF); no RI airport shuttle.
• 5-sec. walk to Virginia Beach Boardwalk & Oceanfront Bike & Surrey Path (4-wheel peddling vehicle with canopy top). (Weather permitting -- no need to even step on treadmill in exercise room when there’s lovely seaside walking/ cycling paths.)
• 5-10 min. walk (under ¼ mile) to dramatic King Neptune Sculpture – holding trident in 1 hand & palming sea turtle in other. (Base encrusted with fish, dolphin, octopus, & other sea life.) (Many whimsical, nautically-themed sculptures running the length of boardwalk as well; fun photos.)
• 30-45 min. walk/ stroll (1.5 mi./ 2.4 km) to end of Virginia Beach Fishing Pier.
If your work/ business is nearby, this RI can be a convenient commute -- if off peak season (considerably less traffic). Off-season prices are more affordable for a beautiful, floor-to-ceiling bedroom-window view of beach/ ocean.
If your priorities are:
-- Location (& not summer beach high tourist season)
-- Convenience of RI amenities (kitchenette, laundry, breakfast)
you can be satisfied here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront is an extended-stay hotel on Virginia Beach in Virginia. Our hotel lets you thrive on long stays, whether you have come to Virginia Beach for a wedding, vacation or business trip. We offer comfortable and stylish accommodations at a superb value. Our all-suite hotel offers beautiful guest rooms that are spacious and well designed to provide you with a memorable and pleasurable stay in Virginia Beach. Guest suites feature spectacular views, furnished oceanfront balconies, modern appointments and full kitchens. Enjoy free Wi-Fi, an indoor pool, a fitness center and guest laundry at our hotel. We also provide valet parking, a complimentary daily hot breakfast, and pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott and Expedia so you can book your Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Residence Inn