We were thrilled with the location of the hotel;: smack dab on the beach, a block away from the Neptune statue, and close to the center of things. The room was bright. The best part was the floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom. Nothing like waking up in a big puddle of sunshine! From our bed, we watched volleyball games, dolphins, sunrises, and people, bikes, dogs, runners.The beds were comfy and linens nice. The room was not spic and span, however. It needed a good cleaning. The furniture was pretty worn. Yes, as others have said, the air conditioning was loud, but we hardly used it since there was a nice breeze coming through the balcony door.
The one downside to the room was that our adult kids were sleeping on the couch and had to walk through our room to go to the bathroom... and they were out much later than us.
The morning coffee bar was nice with a good selection of coffee and flavored creamers. The breakfast bar offered a large variety of selections, and there was always lots of fresh fruit and yogurt.
The indoor swimming pool and hot tub area were checked frequently for cleanliness and water temperature. The hot tub was nice and warm (102) and had good bubbles.
The location was perfect for us. Nothing standing between us and the beach except the outstanding boardwalk. We road skateboards, rented bikes, walked the dogs and found great food all so close.
They really are a pet friendly hotel. They have dog treats at the front desk, designated doggy relief areas, and provide poop bags.. They charge a flat rate cleaning fee of $100 but we felt it was totally worth it.
Some people complain about the parking, but the parking lot is only a a couple of blocks away and who minds a nice walk? We valeted the car at night and picked it up ourselves when we needed it.
The room and some places in the public areas were a little faded and tired, but it was the end of the summer season and my guess is they will spruce those up. The staff were constantly sweeping the halls, emptying trash, etc.
The staff: very very accommodating and friendly. Will stay here again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront is an extended-stay hotel on Virginia Beach in Virginia. Our hotel lets you thrive on long stays, whether you have come to Virginia Beach for a wedding, vacation or business trip. We offer comfortable and stylish accommodations at a superb value. Our all-suite hotel offers beautiful guest rooms that are spacious and well designed to provide you with a memorable and pleasurable stay in Virginia Beach. Guest suites feature spectacular views, furnished oceanfront balconies, modern appointments and full kitchens. Enjoy free Wi-Fi, an indoor pool, a fitness center and guest laundry at our hotel. We also provide valet parking, a complimentary daily hot breakfast, and pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Otel, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Residence Inn