“I've Seen it in Better Shape”

Hell's Point Golf Club
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I've Seen it in Better Shape”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went during Memorial Day weekend. I was sort of disappointed because I love this course and had family coming from out of town. They all wanted to golf so I suggested Hells Point. The greens were redone last year but still needed some work and I couldn't really tell where the fairways and roughs started or ended. I haven't been back all summer because of this visits and I normally golf there 5 or 6 times a year.

Visited May 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Several members of my summer vacation week group staying at Sandbridge play a round of golf at Hell's Point Golf Club each summer. This year (early August, 2013) we again made tee time reservations at Hell's Point, and were pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and helpful manner of the staff (reservation/check-in desk and golf cart provider/starter). We were offered our choice of beginning with the front or back nine, and a loan of a set of left-handed clubs for one of our members. The fairways and greens were as well-groomed as one might expect from a public course, possibly better than we remembered from previous year. Overall an enjoyable and reasonably priced afternoon at Hell's Point Golf Club.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank gpp_11
Tolland
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Poor Greens”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I totally agree with the last review. When I called to make a tee time whoever answered was not that friendly. I play all over the country and rarely do you find people at the front desk not friendly. Time to get out of customer service pal. As far as the course, the layout is nice but the rough needs to be maintained better ( completely slows pace of play) and the greens are horrible. 16th green has complete bare spots. I've played here before but will not be coming back. There are better places to play in the area for the same price.

Visited August 2013
Plum, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“course needs work, staff needs more”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Course has a nice design. It was a little soggy in the roughs, fairways were thin in spots and the greens were inconsistent. Only paid $30 on Golf Now so it was a bargain. All of the staff was cordial and helpful except for the Asian man in the pro shop. He was either getting some really bad news in the text message he was engrossed in or he just hates dealing with the public. I think it was the latter. No hello, no thank you, no give this receipt to the starter. I told him my name; he said"$30", I paid, he handed me the receipt and sat back down to his text message. There's a few places where you can play in VA Beach. It won't be here next time.

Visited July 2013
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun Course”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I read how bad this course was for a few years but also read that it has been improving under new management. I agree that it is improving, most greens and fairways are in great shape, but some areas are still being worked on. The course is challenging and has great scenery and No houses built on it. Some of the holes feel repetitive, but still fun to play.
Staff was great, and so was snack bar.
Course was not crowded, but our 8:06 tee time was 15 minutes behind, and at one point there were 6 groups on 2 holes (2 and 3)side by side. Finished in 4:50 but felt more like 6 hours, and we waited on every shot. Not sure if this was the players or managements fault.

Visited July 2013