“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Catch 31

Catch 31
Ranked #10 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: For avid diners who are visiting Virginia Beach or live within 20 miles of the VB Oceanfront and are looking for the premier dining location, Catch 31 with unique oceanfront dining vignettes and located on the most recognized and valuable real estate in Virginia Beach offers the largest selection of fresh fish and seafood delivered in contemporary style and with high energy.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We ate here for dinner after the Shamrock on Sunday. We had the tuna bites for an appetizer, and they were some of the best I have ever had. I was craving steak, and their filet was delicious. The wine list is extensive, but pricey. I recommend the Orin Swift zinfandel, Saldo. Yummy! Our waitress, Johanna, was very friendly and attentive.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,307)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for the Shamrock Marathon and had several occasions to visit Catch 31's bar and restaurant. After the first night, the bar staff greeted me by name and were extremely friendly and attentive. Martene and Allen were the two that I tried to sit near each time I visited. They are both friendly and funny. The food at Catch 31 is excellent and Johannah was a great server when I had dinner with my sisters in the restaurant. The food was great and the wine that Johannah recommended was amazing. I will be staying here again when I come back for next year's Shamrock race.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I used to work at Catch 31 and would frequently eat there. The food is handled appropriately and cooked within standards. The food I have tried include the Margharita Pizza, Spinach and artichoke dip, and all the desserts. I can recommend all of these foods. This restaurant has a fun atmosphere and an awesome view. Centrally located at the oceanfront.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I'm in town for the Shamrock Half Marathon so a good dinner is a requirement. I didn't make any reservations anywhere and just went were the wind took me. I had stopped in at Catch 31 for a drink and to watch the outdoor festivities, the bar was packed. Many folk were ordering raw bar items and the presentation was soo good it didn't take much arm twisting to come in for dinner. I ate at the raw bar and while the restaurant was very busy the staff was friendly and quick to stay on top of things. I had a 1/2 dozen oysters which were amazing and well presented. My main course was Ahi Tuna seared raw with seaweed salad, hummus and fried wonton. It was delicious and well enjoyed. My only tic that kept me from giving an excellent rating is that everything is ala carte and the entre's weren't cheap. I ordered a side of mashed potatos and that was $3.99. A bit much when the entre was $28.95. Other then that I had a great time. Also kudos to the guys shucking the oysters and working the raw bar...they were friendly and great to talk and joke with.

1  Thank dragonladyrvrr
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Catch 31 is very popular with tourists and locals alike as it's located right on the oceanfront at the bottom of the Hilton in a newly renovated part of town. You will get a beautiful view of the waves rolling in, the restaurant has great outdoor seating and fire pits. The downside of Catch; overpriced food and drinks...slow service and food that's sometimes not up to snuff. I've waited an insanely long time to order drinks and been treated less than politely. But other times servers have been good. If you're looking for great atmosphere on the oceanfront, however and want to see a good crowd...Catch is tough to beat.