“Simply great”

Catch 31
Ranked #10 of 1,450 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: For avid diners who are visiting Virginia Beach or live within 20 miles of the VB Oceanfront and are looking for the premier dining location, Catch 31 with unique oceanfront dining vignettes and located on the most recognized and valuable real estate in Virginia Beach offers the largest selection of fresh fish and seafood delivered in contemporary style and with high energy.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The food was simply great. We enjoyed very much our very fresh raw seafood as an appetizer and then our entrees. The lobster pasta was amazing as well the fried shrimp. The place is very crowded so I would recommend to go there rather earlier than later. The inside of the restaurant is also very loud. We were sitting outside where it was very pleasant and relaxing. Not very romantic though.

Jay E, Director of Food & Beverage at Catch 31, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

I am quite pleased that your recent visit to Catch 31 turned out exceptional for you. The Fried Shrimp entree you ordered is one of my favorite as we use some of the largest shrimp you can buy. They're huge and the way we prep them ensures they are flavorful and tender. We are a very high energy restaurant so I would encourage you that if you’re looking for a romantic dining spot your give our sister restaurant Salacia a try. Ask for a table on the Veranda. It is quite simple the most romantic dining anywhere in Virginia Beach and the restaurant was recently voted best in all of Hampton Roads. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went around 3pm on a Friday. As we walked into the lobby to go to the restaurant we were accosted with a timeshare pitch and the guy telling us that another restaurant in their other hotel was more family friendly. I can not imagine being told that by a staff member from that establishment but we were...

The restaurant was very noisy, not just music but plates being banged etc. It was an attractive restaurant,

My crab cake was cold, the boys got children menu food which was fine, the catch of the day was apparently amazing (per the person I was with)and he ate every bite. I probably wouldn't go back because even though the children with us were very well behaved I felt that the restaurant was trying to get a trendier crowd. What I tasted was ok but didn't knock my socks off.

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your visit to Catch 31. It is disappointing to me to hear that your visit wasn't up to your expectations and that you have a hesitance to return. I can assure you that while we try to provide an upscale atmosphere that we are down home in our willingness to welcome anyone. I'm sorry you felt otherwise. I will take your comments and share them with my staff so that we can learn from them and be more responsive in the future. I do hope you give us another opportunity as I'm confident as our many great reviews attest we are much better than what you received.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Request an outside table and enjoy the ocean views, people watching and live music -- as well as wonderful food! They even have a few circular tables with firepits in the middle, which would be nice for a larger group if you can get their early enough to claim a spot.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My son and I had lunch 3 days in a row, we liked it so much. We sat outside with a lovely view of the beach and the "Neptune" statue. The food was great, nicely presented and the wine list was pretty impressive as well. My son opted for the pretzel bites appetizer (he's 12) all 3 days and they were kind enough to offer him a sweet butter, rather than the mustard sauce that came with it. I tried both the fish and the special steak tacos and the were just great! All of the servers that we had were very friendly and helpful. Will go back next time in VA Beach!

We are very pleased you were able to find us and pass along your wonderful review of Catch 31. One of the best compliments anyone can give us is to say they will come back and I am so pleased that you felt that way. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with my staff so they can know of your appreciation. Take care and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

food was out of this world and service was excellent. well worth the money and atmosphere. Most people were dressed up but we wore casual and they let us in gladly :)