“Great food!!”

Catch 31
Ranked #11 of 1,430 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: For avid diners who are visiting Virginia Beach or live within 20 miles of the VB Oceanfront and are looking for the premier dining location, Catch 31 with unique oceanfront dining vignettes and located on the most recognized and valuable real estate in Virginia Beach offers the largest selection of fresh fish and seafood delivered in contemporary style and with high energy.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great atmosphere and food friendly staff. Always a good time and experience there. Even when it's 30 degrees outside they still have the fire pits going. Sit outside and watch the passer bys Only complaint I would have is the bathrooms are pitch dark.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Camskids
Jay E, Director of Food & Beverage at Catch 31, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts through Trip Advisor to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent visit. I'm grateful that you enjoyed our outdoor fire pits so much and we were able to provide you with the quality experience we are known for. Best wishes and we look forward to your next visit.

Cary, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Okay”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The restaurant was nice but the food was just okay. I order the Swordfish and it came with little to go with it. I was still hungry so I ordered Calamari. However the place was really nice and had a good atmosphere.

Visited January 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Completely disappointing”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've been here lots of times, and the experience has been acceptable, though not great. This time, we had a reservation for 1:00 and were seated right away. That was the only thing that happened in a timely manner. Our waiter was completely unable to handle our table. It took him 50 minutes just to bring our drinks. He couldn't find the wine we ordered, so sent a manager who was unwilling to make a substitution, but instead left us sitting and waiting while he searched. It took another 25 minutes for the waiter to return and take our order and then another half hour at least until the food arrived. The food was cold. The waiter added 20% gratuity to the check (acceptable, as there were 8 in our party). We split the bill four ways. When he brought back the credit card slips for us to sign, the waiter had added ANOTHER 20% onto each individual credit card!! We didn't catch the "mistake" until we had left, so had to go back and meet with the manager. He begrudgingly rewrote our bills (minus the extra bonus 20% tip) but never apologized for the horrific experience that we explained we had there. I will never go back.

• Visited December 2012
Jay E, Director of Food & Beverage at Catch 31, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the many errors you encountered while dining with us. I certainly understand your frustration and disappointment in not living up to your expectations and being hesitant to return. I've had an opportunity to research into your issues and unfortunately I have concluded that a comedy of many errors led to your issues. My personal concerns have been addressed with all involved and I'm confident we have learned from our mistakes. Again I apologize and would like to speak with you personally to assure you that our commitment to excellence is strong and that we sincerely wish to regain your trust. Please feel free to contact me personally at 757-213-3000 ext 5105.

Cumming, Georgia
“Best Steak I've had in Ages”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'm not a seafood eater and the only non-seafood selections were steaks. Fortunately, they had a 7 oz Filet but it came with spinach, which I also don't eat. Okay, I'm picky! Our waiter, Andrew, who was exceptional, offered mixed vegetables and I was sold. The steak was so tender, my toothless grandfather could have eaten it. And the vegetables were perfect. I truly can't remember the last time I had a steak that was this tender, cooked this perfect, and that tasted this good. I'm just sorry that we won't make it back again on this vacation. My significant other had the strip steak and also absolutely loved it, but advised me that the spinach was also awesome. Only problem, no room for dessert. The meal was a bit pricey, but we definitely got our money's worth.

• Visited December 2012
Jay E, Director of Food & Beverage at Catch 31, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to use Trip Advisor to share with us your satisfaction regarding your visit to Catch 31. While we are incredibly proud of our fresh seafood offerings we are equally enthusiastic about our steak program as well. I’m very gratified that the Filet served you was so exceptional and that your server Andrew took the personal care to offer you alternatives on your dish to ensure your satisfaction. Best wishes and we look forward to a return visit next time you’re in Virginia Beach.
Director of Food & Beverage
“Not impressed a bit-would not recommend”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Slim pickings when it comes to dining at VB so when you see a familiar name such as the Hilton you take it. The ambience was the only thing going for it, the food was awful. The salmon was raw, the pasta plate we ordered had disgusting old frozen chicken cubes, my starving kids lost their appetite when they bit into the kids cheeseburger and my son's coke tasted like it had acohol in it. The service was dismal but she tipped herselfa whopping $36 for $130 bill. Overall a huge disappointment all around. Nog coming back for sure.

1 Thank Cinsz
Jay E, Manager at Catch 31, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback and I sincerley wish to apologize to you for not living up to the quality and expectations that we expect of ourselves. It is truly disappointing to hear that you encountered issues with both the food served you as well as your service. I would be most grateful if you could contact me personally to further discuss your experience as well as provide me an opportunity to assure you your experience was outside the norm of our high standards. You can reach me at 757-213-3000 ext, 5105.