“Seafood on the Atlantic Coast”
Review of Catch 31

Catch 31
Ranked #10 of 1,442 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: For avid diners who are visiting Virginia Beach or live within 20 miles of the VB Oceanfront and are looking for the premier dining location, Catch 31 with unique oceanfront dining vignettes and located on the most recognized and valuable real estate in Virginia Beach offers the largest selection of fresh fish and seafood delivered in contemporary style and with high energy.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very good food but costly. Trendy presentation of the swordfish entree made me chuckle but it was perfectly cooked.

There are newer reviews for Catch 31

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a nice restaurant located in the Hilton Oceanfront Hotel. Dress is country club casual. My wife and I went there because I had seen an ad that claimed they had 12 varieties of raw oysters. There were only 6 varieties on the menu. James River oysters were offered by the dozen and half dozen. In addition, there were 3 more Virginia varieties and 2 out-of-state. These came in sets of 3 and were pricey. I had the clam chowder (where were the clams?) and ordered the 3 specialty varieties of raw Virginia oysters. Instead of returning to tell me that they were out of 2 of the varieties, the waiter just brought me the single variety that they had plus half a dozen of the James River. I am still shocked that the waiter took it upon himself to make that decision for me. The oysters were good. My wife had a good crab cake. Desserts were very rich. Excellent cappacino.

1  Thank shindoni
Reviewed November 16, 2012

enjoyed great breafasts with an amazing view of the ocean ..... the bar also is great at night, very crowded but a good spot for a drink

Reviewed November 13, 2012

While the food is the reason I keep giving Catch31 chances, the service is just plain terrible. I haven't figured out if it is the kitchen or the servers, but in either case the managers need to take responsibility for what is happening on their watch. We sat outside at one of the fire pits this time and did not see the waitress for the first 15 minutes. When she did come by we ordered drinks and asked for menus. We received our drinks about 10 minutes later, but no menus. Rather than explaining how long we waited for everything, I will just say that after being in the restaurant for over an hour and still not being served our lunch, we decided to leave. I found the manager and asked him to have our server bring us our check for what we did have. We were upset that people at our table who arrived 20 minutes after we did were served before us. I will say that the manager did pick up the check for a bowl of soup, bloody mary, and a diet coke. It was the right thing to do. However, three strikes and you're out Catch31.

1  Thank VB_Local_1
Reviewed October 24, 2012

No complaints about anything,I will eat there again. When I told them it was my wife's birthday we received a free desert.