“Stay somewhere else!”

Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Stay somewhere else!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel was absolutely disgusting. We booked it for the low rate, but it was not at all worth it. The first room we had smelled like urine. Also the bathroom was not at all clean and the shower drain did not work very well. Management moved us to a different room, its bathroom was even more disgusting than the first. When my husband tried to tell them about all of our complaints, they did not seem at all concerned. We decided to check out early, despite the $90 cancellation fee that they made us pay. We went to the comfort inn right down the street. Trust me, you want me spend an extra $50 a night and get a nicer hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeGM2802, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

TRAVELODGE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This room was perfect for a weekend get away to the beach. It was a great value! Everything else in the area runs for way more! We booked the room a week before we went and had no problems at check-in or check-out. The staff was very friendly from the moment we arrived until we left. The rooms were very clean and made for a comfortable stay. As with any hotel on the beach there will be noise from people or emergency vehicles, but that even happens at the Hilton or Cavalier. The noise is still hardly noticeable. I didn't have any of the breakfast but from what I could tell they offered a nice selection of light breakfast foods before people head to the beach. It also looked recently renovated the rooms were decorated very well. All and all I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a quick get away to the beach. The beach front is literally right across the street! Couldn't ask for anything more!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jon B
TravelodgeGM2802, General Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574283434.

Winchester, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2012

During my families stay at your hotel we experienced multiple issues. Once we checked into our room there were dirty towels piled on the balcony, there was a dental pick left in the tub and the cover to the ac unit was off, laying on the floor. On day two, we noticed that the mini refrigerator wasn't cooling and our food had spoiled and had to be thrown out. The maintenance man came and switched out the refrigerator but no effort was made to help recuperate the cost of the lost food. The efficiency kitchen was not equipped with any pots/pans which should have been stated, as it is very misleading.
On day three I noticed that the carpet in the "living" room area was wet and the room started smelling of mildew. I called the front desk again and the maintenance man came and said the ac unit was completely broken and he would need to move us to a different room. Unfortunately, management was not in for the day yet and we would need to wait in our current mildew, smelly, wet room.
After packing all our belonging we had to move everything through the rain. We were then placed in a smoking room, which smelled horrible.
There were several times when the elevator had broken and we had to use the stairwell. Which would not have been a big deal except that someone had urinated in the stairwell and that also smelled extremely foul.
Housekeeping was less than satisfactory. Our bed was only made once in the five nights we stayed.
At no point during our stay were the two ice makers in working order.
Everyone who we came in contact with was also extremely dissatisfied in their stay at your hotel.
I am very dissatisfied in my stay there. The place was run down and had a general feeling of filth. I feel so disappointed in Wyndham hotels. I will not be staying at that hotel again. I strongly advise anyone considering this hotel to please, spend the extra money on a better hotel. We won't regret that decision.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chasidy D
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Hello,

I would suggest you to double check and make sure that the place you have written your review for. This hotel does not have an elevator and our ACs never have ever any problems since the remodelling.

The place you are talking about is the other place.

Thanks.
Mike P.
Travelodge,
Virginia Beach, VA

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Lawrenceville, Virginia
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was surprised with this hotel. I booked it for a Friday night. It was a short noticed spur of the moment trip. I booked this hotel because it was only a block away from the ocean front. I had arrived early, around 12 o clock. I asked Front desk if i could have a parking pass while i wait for the room. I know check in is at 4pm. So i understand i cant get in the room til then. But they gave me a parking pass and i got to check in an hour early. The room was clean and comfortable. I was really surprised. All we really needed was a place to sleep for the night. It was VERY quiet night. I was expecting it to be louder. Not only because im staying in a motel. But also because it is VIRGINIA BEACH. It was nice. and if i decided to come to VA beach again i will more than likely stay here again. The reason i give a 3 stars on the cleanness is because of the outside. It could use a little work but the room was very nice!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Minneapolis
Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you are between 18 - 30 years old and you are staying with a bunch of your friends this may be the perfect place for you. If you are a family or couple looking for a nice hotel DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The hotel was old, run down and needs a lot of updating. This hotel was down right scary. I wouldn't even walk on the floor barefoot. The tub had mold in the corner, the tv was old and most channels didn't come in, the beds uncomfortable, the door to the room didn't shut tight, the windows were so grimy you couldn't see out of them and the front desk clerk was a jerk!! This hotel lacked EVERYTHING!! Definately a "party hotel" we left at 2am and there were people in the pool shouting at their friends on the 3rd floor balcony. The pool supposedly closed at 10pm however since there was no desk clerk no one enforced this "rule". Every time someone closed their hotel door our door would rattle, all night long you could hear sirens blaring, every once in awhile it sounded like someone was trying to open our door with a wrong key. Everything in this hotel was old and needs replacing. The heat did not work the unit only blew cold air and it was chilly at night!! This hotel should be no more than $75 a night. The only amenity was the outdoor pool and we didn't even use it!

Room Tip: Helpful room tip - Stay somewhere else if you want a nice,safe hotel with clean sheets! If you are y...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574283434.

Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The only reason this hotel is getting more than one star was that the room was clean and comfortable when we arrived. It was a non-smoking kitchenette. There was no hint of smoke in the room as is the case with many hotel rooms. That is where the good stops.
When I made the reservation I was told that the kitchenette came with pots and pans and utensils. Great, right? Wrong. It came with a few plates and cups, and that was it. Not even 1 fork, knife or spoon...just an empty utensil tray. When I called the front desk I was informed that it in fact did NOT come with anything. So, what is the point of paying extra for the kitchenette?
The room came stocked with 3 towels (for our 4-person party), one handtowel, and one washcloth. With two small children at the beach, that isn't even going to come close to cutting it. So...called the front desk again to get some more towels. I was told, sure...you can come pick them up at the front desk. Say what?
Also, there was zero, and I mean zero maid service in the three days we stayed there. No restocking, no taking out of the trash...nada. They put large garbage cans out and we were expected to throw out everything. And, there were no extra trash bags when you did.
Nights were loud and rowdy. Two, three am yelling, laughing, and obvious heavy drinking.
Suffice it to say, we will never stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 345 which had a door that never opened. Maintenance man said there was a "trick&quo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed there for a couple of nights on the first floor and when walking in, the air was stale since they turn off the AC probably to save on electricity. We bought a candle and this helped. The beds were actually comfy as it was a pillow top and the color of the room was vibrant. They would probably attract more people if thier exterior was updated. Our bathroom was also nice and clean and when asked for more towels, they were helpful in giving us some. This place is average but it is one of the cheapest so it worked well since we were outside most of the time on the beach which is accross the street.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends