“Relaxing Girls Only Weekend”
Review of Marjac Suites

Marjac Suites
Ranked #93 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 18, 2007

This property was in a great location on the downtown strip of virginia beach. We had tthe strip in front of us so we could walk to stores, seafood buffets and the beach was right behind the hotel. Our room had two queen beds and a pullout sofa for the three of us. Yes we had a full kitchen in our room with appliances and a stove but we didn't cook. The suite was on the fifth floor and there is a balcony with chairs attached to the living room. We noticed a couple cracks in the tile of shower and a little wear and tear barely noticeable. All in all, it was a great stay and they even let us go up and preview the room available for us to see if it met our standards. A good place to stay for less money, I would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice suite for an affordable price. ,

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 15, 2007

I paid $277.60 for an evening and when I woke up the next morning I was angry with the fact that I called room service to send towels to my room twice and waited 1/2 hr or so in between the two calls( I called for towels because there weren't any to begin with). This hotel does not provide any coffee which surprised me as I placed a standard on the value on our room which was not met. My wife had to catch the cleaning lady for our towels. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2007

my wife and i visit every year. we're not paying hilton prices, so we don't expect hilton accomodations. check-in is always fast and easy. the staff is always polite. housekeeping is nice to us because we're nice to them. the pool is small but never crowded. the elevator is small and always crowded (we're out of shape and have no problems with the stairs). the suite has a separate room with 2 beds, safe, & tv . (about like a motel 6), bathroom is always clean. living room is spacious with fold-away bed. bring an egg crate mattress cover, the beds are hard. however, the kitchenette has all you need. (we bring plastics so we don't have to do dishes). the best part is the view. for the price...you can't beat it. we had 4 kids and had plenty space. awesome arcade right across the street. go to farm fresh on laskin rd for groceries (try the she-crab soup). mary's for breakfast, and captain georges for the best seafood buffet around. bring bikes for the kids, there's an awesome bike trail parallel to the boardwalk, which is also awesome. my wife loves the local thrift stores. if you need to relax and not spend a ton of money. stay here.

1  Thank kevinthewriter
Reviewed June 1, 2007

I stayed at the Marjac Suites the week of May 12th. My husband myself and my 1-1/2 yr old and had a great time. The cleaning staff was super nice, the front desk ladies were super nice. The maintenance men were very friendly. My experience at the Marjac Suites was nothing like the reviews that people are sending in and they stayed there the same week I did. Yes it is noisy at night but that's whats going to the beach is all about. Having a good time. Again you reserved a hotel stay right across from three major bars. Maybe you should have did a little bit more research before booking. Yes I can say that the elevator is very slow and the stairs are smelly, but my room was very very clean. Beds, kitchen, bathroom everything. We are planning another trip at the end of the summer.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family