“Excellent deal”
Review of Marjac Suites

Marjac Suites
Ranked #93 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have been on many vacations n stayed at various hotels. ..by far this was an excellent experience for us...all the staff was pleasant n we had the best house keeper ever. ..the suite was clean n served its purpose....nothing fancy but who cares when u r at the beach ocean front.....only complaint was the light coming in from the street into the bedroom....but will definitely stay again

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our whole group stayed here this year. We have stayed at several "mid-range" hotels at the beach, and this is by far the best. We got a kitchenette suite and it was spacious and very clean when we arrived. They supply dishes and one small pot and a frying pan, and utensils. There is a small stove/oven, a coffee maker,and a toaster. Bring your own dish soap and coffee filters. If you're going to be doing any serious cooking, bring adequate pots and pans.
All the rooms have a fabulous ocean view with a balcony. The balcony was great and I felt safe having the kids out there (2 toddlers) with me. Also centrally located at 22nd street.
The only complaint I had was the shower, and everyone in our group had the same problem. The temperature fluctuated constantly; one second it was scalding hot and the next ice cold, which does not make for a very relaxing shower.
Housekeeping was helpful and made sure we always had enough towels. We called down to the front desk once because a neighbor was smoking on their balcony, and they put a stop to it right away.
Overall, for the price and location I haven't found another hotel that can beat it yet in 8 years of going to VA Beach every year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ErikaAOC
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We booked our stay through hotwire (or one of those sites), so we were going without really knowing what to expect. We were very pleased! From our first step in the door, Bernard made sure we felt right at home. Traveling with 4 kids aged 6 and under is not easy. Or fun. But, when we walked in we met Jack, the maintenance man, and Bernard, front desk associate, both of whom were friendly to the children and made sure to quickly get us ready to get up to our room.

Unfortunately, we had an issue with the neighbor in the first room they gave us, but on the bright side, it gave the front desk a chance to show us how accommodating they could be! They found us another room within the hour and we were settled in and on the beach in no time. On day 2 we got to meet Snoopy, another maintenance man, and he was awesome, as well.

The location of this hotel is perfect. Truly. An air show was going on the weekend we were there and it was almost as though the planes were specially performing for US! To rent bikes for a couple of hours, we only had to walk out of the lobby and we had lots of choices. It was great. The ice machine was nice. The couple of toiletries we forgot were easily purchased right across the street. We walked to get take out food one night and walked to a couple of other restaurants for dinner the other nights.

I will admit the décor is a bit outdated, but doe that even matter when you are staying at the beach? I think we spent most of our time out on the balcony when we were actually at the hotel! The televisions worked just fine, the beds were comfortable, there was a ton of cabinet space, and the refrigerator kept our stuff cold. What more could you ask for?!?

The view from the balcony is amazing. For the price, you really can't find anything better.

Room Tip: Every room as the same view. You can't go wrong! Even the 2nd floor (first floor with rooms) h...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CasDiner
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here last June. We had three rooms and 2 of the 3 were clean. The staff were very helpful in fixing the problem. The elevator is old but works. Balcony was awesome and the room had all the benefits of home. Heading back in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Back again for another stay. Can't beat the price and location. Almost feel like family now. I did notice since my last visit some improvements to the hotel and it was also much quieter than previously - I think something must have been done about the noise from the bars across the street.

all the staff are wonderful and I always get the room I request. Dont have high expectations and you will do just fine. Parking lot is tight but you pay a premium for parking on oceanfront - not here though, there is one parking space per room and you must display tags to avoid being towed.

I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have used this hotel many times. Never had a problem until now. It is not the worst or best hotel I've been to. It's ok and they will fix a problem if there is one...usually. I called to book a room. Bernard told me I could use a coupon in the local paper, but had to be there to use it. He told me not to worry they had plenty of rooms and whenever I arrived Sat. would be fine. So I got there to find...NO ROOMS! They wouldnt do a thing for me. This was great since I was late due to my kids puking in the car the whole way and had to be at a wedding in 45 minutes! So I had to run around the beach looking for a room and was late to the wedding. I can say I will NEVER book a room here again. Screw me once shame on you screw me twice...wont happen buddy. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Choose one at another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

To begin it was poor customer service when i checked in. Two, there was only one parking area and one elevator to get to the floors, which is located in the small lobby. The stair case smelled like a bucket of urine, YUCK! The deck door was raggedy and hard to open and close and it needed to be painted and cleaned. Only had one pot to cook with and no dish washing liquid. The sleeper sofa was worn out, felt bed springs through back!!! Only positive thing was the location. We was directly on the strip and on the oceanfront.

Room Tip: Don't stay here go elsewhere!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family