“Not a bad stay for the price”
Review of Marjac Suites

Marjac Suites
Ranked #93 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My family and I planned a last minute trip to VA Beach and were on a budget. We booked this hotel because of the price and location. Due to traffic related problems, we arrived 6 hrs. past the check-in time and were expecting to receive the "last resort" room so-to-speak. My husband inquired about getting an end room, away from the air conditioning unit (which is very large and loud situated outside the hotel). The clerk was friendly and was able to accommodate us. As many other reviewers have stated, the elevator is extremely slow and there is a sign asking only 3 people at a time, but the stairs were not that bad and that would not be a deal breaker for me. Upon entering our room, we were pleasantly surprised. It was clean and decent sized for a family of 5. The view is AMAZING and the sound of the ocean waves can be heard throughout the unit. Housekeeping was very good about keeping us stocked w/towels, toilet paper, coffee, etc. The owner or manager was on site and we encountered him several times in our comings and goings...he was an extremely friendly person and seemed to be on top of the construction that was going on in the front, as well as other things that were going on in the hotel. As others have stated, the noise level is a bit high with traffic and jet planes, but I do not believe this has anything to do w/the hotel itself...I think any of the hotels in that area would have the same problem. It just happens to be set in the middle of all of the action...bars, shopping, etc. My kids slept through all of the noise, so it didn't bother me. My only "complaint", might be that the shower curtain & bathtub were old/outdated, but overall, we would stay again. Great location, great value and GREAT VIEW!!!

Room Tip: I would try to get a room away from the A/C unit.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 4, 2011

My 4 sisters and I along with friends stayed over this past weekend. Overall the stay was great. Nice full kitchens, great location and view. I recommend booking directly with the hotel because my sister booked with Priceline and I booked with the hotel and I actually got a better price. The rooms where big and overall very clean. There were some loud groups staying there but I am sure you will get that with any hotel on the strip. I will definately look at the property next time I go to VA Beach.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank shannonac79
Reviewed March 31, 2011

If you care so much of the exterior, this place is not for you, but if what matters are the interiors, esp the rooms and kitchenette are clean and nice, got a you cozy room with a view, well maintained, free internet access, and the courteous staff can really provide good service. I think it has great value compared to other hotels nearby where all you got is a TV and phone (no kitchen), no views of the VA beach, and they charged the internet. I stayed here for a week to work on a project in town, and I'm glad I pick this place.

Room Tip: Low season rates are cheaper
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sorrento62
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The Marjac Suites have everything that our family needs for a wonderful vacation. The staff is helpful and the rooms are affordable. We've never had a problem with cleanliness. We look forward to our trip every year and knowing that we have a secure, decent place to stay adds to our enjoyment on our vacation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Great hotel right on the beach! Very clean, staff was wonderful,cant beat this location!!! The elevator is slow other than that no complaints!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed at the marjac due to the price. The staff was excellent especially our housekeeper. the only concerns that i had was our air conditoner to go below 74 so it was uncomfortable at times. the other thing that i was not pleased with was the air condiotioner unit outside. it was outside from our room and we could not enjoy the ocean sound as that was the reason for ocean front. other than that the room was clean you could tell it was a little older but very well kept. dont think i would stay here again though due to the noise

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2010

i was on summer vacation with my family we check into marjac we get there we had to almost wait 2 whole hours to get to our room it was a line all the way out the door we finally get to the front desk it was so small in there with only one filthy beat up chair it had a thrift store smell in there we have to carts of luggage it took another 20mins for the elevator wait the elevator was so tiny it got a lump in the door way to make at almost impossible to fit the cart in there and only 2 people at a time had to get on we stay on the 3rd floor we got in the room it smell like mildew and the carpet was so gross you couldn't walk on there with your bare feet there was no dishes or dishware no dish detergent they bathroom walls had cracks in them and the facet handle had fallen off the safe didn't work we was extremely upset and disappointed we went to the manager and said we don't wanna stay here and they said they will charge us for only one night so fine we stay one night we went to dinner and came back we was ready to go to bed we wanted a wake up call but the phone was broke the pull out bed hurt on of my family member's back the bed smell like urine the alarm clock wake us up at 3am we woke up the next morning and the people was rude to us when we cheak out we made reservations at the oceanfront Hilton where it was nice and vary clean and vary friendly staff

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family