“Good but nothing special”

Fish Bones Restaurant and Seafood Buffet
Ranked #363 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but nothing special”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The decor was Early American Cafeteria - no atmosphere at all. We opted to sit on the porch as it was a lovely evening, and the tables were basic plastic with plastic lawn chairs for seating. The only real problem was that you have to go inside to fill your plate, and then open the door (which was tough) to get back out to the tables.

The food was decent and plentiful, and it was not insanely noisy like the first few places we tried. I wouldn't have minded a few more vegetable side dishes - there was a broccoli/cauliflower mix, a rice pilaf, and a potato casserole (in addition to the salad bar).

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“I'd look for another restaurant.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Food average at best. Several items seemed as though they were frozen. The cost of the buffet did not equal the quality.

Clifton Park, New York
“Gross. Just gross.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I actually spit the food out in my napkin for fear that I was eating something that was going to make me violently ill. The crab legs were hollow as they were overcooked, food was served in tin foil cups like the twice baked potatoes in potato shaped tin foil and some imitation crab crap served in crab shaped tin foil...really??? I read a review that said they needed "restaurant impossible" and that was the best way to describe this place. Horrific. The food was not fresh and prepared very poorly. Recipes were gut wrenchingly gross. And it was the most expensive meal we have had in Virginia Beach so far. Don't go!

Dupont, Indiana, United States
“I was un happy and Broke”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Food was not that great and if you had small children, there was nothing for them to eat, and 30.00 a person plus 12% tax is what you will pay for here >>>me and my Party were seated out back where it was dirty tables and floor >>>> not good when your trying to Eat and see dirt, I would suggest going somewhere eles

• Visited August 2013
Bushkill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hurricane drinks were delicious and powerful buzz, food is great with a large selection, We always go to the buffet to sample everything they have.

2 Thank Ed B