“Very good food”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Wonderful food and service. Focaccia bread was delicious with the oil for dipping. My husband had Capellini Piselli E Prosciutto. it was delicious. I had soup and salad. Salad was Insalada Tropicale. The waiter split the salad for us to share, which was very nice, most places charge for that.Soup was minestrone and it was very good. Anxious to go back and try other menu items.

1  Thank Dennancy

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went on a Sunday in January for their 2 for 1 entree deal. Great service, good food, excellent value.

1  Thank stelynmart
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a high end place, but it did not disappoint! Food was outstanding, and the service may have actually have been better. If you are looking for very good Italian place, you will be happy.

2  Thank WENDELL S
Reviewed December 21, 2012

On a cold winter night we arrived for supper. We were asked if we had reservations, we did not, and they only seating available was on the heated patio which was fine. While we were there the place filled up to capacity. Clearly a local favourite. Service was quick and attentive. I ordered the pizza and wife had the seafood pasta. Both dishes were very good. I would definitely eat here again.

2  Thank Crewze
Reviewed November 15, 2012

There are several great Itallian Restaurants in Va. Beach, but Il Gars is hands down the best. I've been going almost 30 years and no one touches their Napolean dessert. I have never had anything on their menu that wasn't at least as good as the best I've ever had and usually is the best I've ever had. Tortolinni Delanona (sp?) and Chicken Franchese are two you have to try!!

1  Thank VaBeachTed