“great food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2013

loved it being close to colony and able to sit outdoors to enjoy our dinner. Food was delicious, served hot and waitress was
there many times to check on our meal.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

While the service is great and portions are big, the atmosphere is old, dark, and somewhat dirty. The lighting is bad. Come hungry, you won't be able to finish your meal otherwise. Sandwiches are real big and the wings are really good. I wish the place was updated so it had better atmospheric value.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch and the place was virtually empty. Air conditioner was broken, but the non-smoking section wasn't overly stuffy. Place looked like a dive and I wasn't impressed by the atmosphere, but the food was pretty good for the price. I got the crab cake sandwich and rings. Wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was tasty, especially for the price. Everyone else got a burger and they were really good. I would go again, but it wasn't fantastic like many of the reviews I read.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

What's not to love about The Raven? The location is inviting to tourists and locals.

The food is scrumptious and inexpensive for a vacation resort area like Virginia Beach.

Our server, Chloe, was a delight!

The proprietors, Ricky and Bobby Dunnington, are "institutions" in their own right.

We will "spread the gospel" about The Raven to anyone who is looking for a dining pleasure.

Now, if I could only relocate this eclectic restaurant a bit closer to home..............

1  Thank Keen M
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a chance on this place last summer on a rainy day. Location is great. Staff was wonderful. My husband loved the seafood platter he got and said he wants to go back every year to eat it.