“Great Barbeque, down home atmosphere”

Jakes Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #33 of 1,413 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairport, N.Y.
“Great Barbeque, down home atmosphere”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We very much enjoyed the dining experience here. You smell the smoked meat as you pull into the parking lot, and it only intensifies as you enter the building. My wife enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich, I a whole rack of ribs, both of which were delicious. Our waitress was clearly new to the game, but was very pleasant, willing and helpful. The ambiance of this establishment puts a good eatery into a "great" class. As good as the food was, we most enjoyed a man who was clearly a member of the house's staff, enchanting a large family with some smallish children with humor, balloon animals, and banter. They clearly enjoyed him, and we perhaps voyeuristicly enjoyed seeing him work and their happiness. We'll go back when next in VA Beach.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank gtennant

New Castle, Delaware
“ok bbq but service was terrible”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I couldnt wait to get to Jakes we talked about it for months. When we went there on Saturday night October 13, 2012 we were very dissapointed. the price was good and the bbq was ok. The staff was not warm and fuzzy to us it felt like the niceness was forced. Every waitress and waiter appears to have an attitude. the meat was not hot and I dont believe it was cooked fresh. It appeared to be just heated up and serviced to us. We will not be back we will be looking for another bbq spot that is more appetizing and more customer oriented. Because I dont care how good they think the food is customer service is on the top of our list. So if you are looking for a cheap ok meal and no good customer service than take your chance.

The Pleasant's
New Castle DE

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jess and tony p
USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Catering Service & Food”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We recently ordered CATERED food from Jake's Bar-B-Que in Virginia Beach for a family wedding. We had to do this from out of state and found the catering personnel extremely patient and helpful. The real plus came when our guestS began to rave about the food. The ribs got especially great reviews and the barbeque sauce was excellent. Check them out and ask for Kevin - you will not regret it. You will get your quote and no surprises later.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Cleveland O
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dinner of our trip.”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

This place was the dining highlight of our vacation. The place was lively and perfect for our two year old. The prices were incredibly reasonable. And the food was some the best bbq I've ever had.

1 Thank pmmcrobb
NJ
“Jakes Smokehouse BBQ in Virginia Beach, VA.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Submitting my review of Jakes Smokehouse BBQ in Virginia Beach, VA. I stop in for lunch at Jake's each year during my annual trip to VB. I love the food and usually get a pulled pork sandwhich. I do however miss the salad bar that they used to have. Overall a clean, friendly place with great food.

• Visited March 2012