“The BEST Italian food south of New Jersey”
Review of La Bella Italia

La Bella Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bella Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 1,452 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Authentic italian baked goods. Hearth baked breads, Dinner entrees that were magnificent. We have eaten lunch here (the sandwiches are to die for) and now we have also had dinner there. Calamari app was huge (enough for two for two nights), the Veal Saltimbucco was the best I've ever had!!! Looking forward to our next trip to Virginia Beach to have another delicious meal here!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner a nice menu selection, great dinner specials and great servicce. Our waiter Josh was great not only very informed and helpful, but genuinely attentive and caring. I will definitely be back next time I am in the area and would definitely recomend it.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Home made pasta daily, Terrific menu. The osso bucco is marvelous. All the pastries are also made in house.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Nothing but good things to say! We have eaten here several times & it's been amazing every time! Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

After coming here for years, it pains me that this one time sure thing seems to have lost their way. I have been to this restaurant over 30 times. The food is still good. the service is simply horrible. On our last 3 visits we left with a very bad experience with the service. On a recent visit we were excited about dinner for my moms birthday. When seated we were approached by a very rude waiter asking, "wanna drink?". No hello or anything. This waiter has worked here for a while and its probably time to move on. When we ordered a martini and referenced the $5 dollar specials, he literally chuckled and said, " yeah, not tonight. That's our other location". I asked him why it was on the website and he said they had taken it off. I pulled up my phone and showed him the actual website. He then said, sorry and walked away. Another occasion, we sat for 40 minutes waiting for our entree. We usually don't mind a little wait because we eat out to enjoy the experience. However, the waiter finally came over and said, "I just put your order back in. Another waiter took your food. I'll try to rush it." First, don't "rush" my $35 veal. Second, if you mess up that bad, you could handle it better. If you want Italian, go to the take out counter. They are always very helpful. Get it to go! I would love to see them turn it around but it will clearly take some work.