“ok”
Review of La Bella Italia

La Bella Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bella Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,435 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“ok”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We got the Gnocchi, spaghetti and meatballs, and the veal marsala. It wasn't bad, everything was fairly good but it wasn't the level we were expecting. We felt like it was overpriced for the quality of the food.

Visited February 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Italian Food and Bread”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

They have fresh mozerella that they make and the caprese salad is second to none!! Their bread is bake to perfection with thick crust and soft in the center. Do not go if you are in a hurry, all orders are made when you place them so be patient it is worth it!

Visited December 2012
“GREAT ITALIAN FOOD”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This wife and my favorite resturant. It is difficult to find excellent Italian food in this area. The Frutti di Mare (seafood sauce/gravy) and Melanzana Pamagina are awesome and our favorities. Whatever you order you will be delicious and plenty. Service is great! Brought my family from NY (12 people) for a great meal. After ordering our drinks, appetizers and meal, we received an emgency phone call that a family member was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. My family had to leave immediately to return to NY. The resturant staff was great and they rushed to get our meals from the kitchen, package the meals for my family 7 hour drive back to NY. The staff and the hostess were very understanding, polite and quick. The hostess even packaged a variety of Italian cookies from the deli (gratis) for my family's trip back to NY. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited October 2012
“Slow service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stopped for lunch and were seated quickly. Our server took our drink order and was very slow gettng back to us. There were only 4-5 tables and 2 servers, so she was not very busy. Ordered soup and was told that they only make a small amount and there was no more, even if it was a little after 1. The food we did recieve was very good. The pasta was a little undercooked. We asked for a box to go and our server took it into the back. She had to be reminded about it after paying the bill. I have been here before and everything was good. Hopefully our server had a bad day. I would go back again.

• Visited January 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“POLICIES AND ATTITUDE OF THE MANAGEMENT”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went to La Bella Italia last night. Ordered bruschetta, 2 beef meatballs and water. I was called away, asked my server (very polite, courteous) to wrap for take-out. Bruschetta was placed in large styrofoam container, along with 2 smaller containers. Needless to say, when i removed the food from my car, the oil went all over me and the kitchen. I called today, was advised by the owners' daughter, that I should have asked for it to be wrapped in saran wrap. Well, even if I had thought to do that, oil leaks from saran wrap. i advised daughter that anything with oil should be in spill-proof container and it was management's responsibility to see that take-out is packaged properly. If my server was inexperienced, as she indicated, then it falls on management. Daughter asked if i wanted to come back for more bruschetta, I declined, just wanted my money back (over $17.00 for the bruschetta, water and 2 beef meatballs). She replied that was not their policy. Avoid any restaurant with this policy. Actually, Olive Garden's bruschetta is far superior. I will never return.

• Visited January 2013