“Clean, Fresh, Well-Appointed”

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Hawaii
“Clean, Fresh, Well-Appointed”
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I know the word "fresh" is a little hokey--especially in the title. But this property struck me as bright, clean, and re-freshing compared to other Hilton properties. It seemed up-beat and vigorous from the front desk staff to the Empyrean Club--enthusiastic, if you will. The staff is excellent, young, and friendly-they struck me as having the attitude of "the answer is yes, now what is your question?". The on-site dining and entertainment is, well, entertaining--especially the club on the 1st floor after dark (cougar den). Rooms are well appointed, and fairly typical of other Hilton properties, except that the shower had two heads--an excellent amenity. Prompt and friendly turn-down service. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Az
Reviewed May 10, 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel, and I can't say enough good things about the experience. The staff is attentive to every need. As an Honors Diamond VIP, I've stayed at too many Hilton Properties to remember, but this one beats them all. The Corner Beach View Room is the best. We actually changed our plans to spend an extra day here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Shoreline CT
Reviewed May 1, 2010

This hotel is fabulous in ALL ways. The staff is outstanding, the rooms are comfortable, the restaurant is great. The hotel atmosphere is has an cool edge, yet keeps all the class of a 5 star hotel. Do NOT hesitate to book here, these folks will go out of their way to please you. TIP: If you stay here, you can also use the facilities at the Oceanbeach Club timeshare on Atlantic Ave. Happy Hour 3-6 $3.00 Mussels, flatbread and sea scallops can not be beat!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I travel to Virginia beach every year and this past year decided to try at the Hilton Oceanfront. I'm spoiled for life now I could never go back to another hotel on the strip. I work in the travel industry so I'm a tough customer but I have to say that Lars and the staff at the Empyrean Club are top notch!! Our every need was attended too before we ever asked. The service is exceptional. I have to admit previously I just thought of the Hilton as another chain hotel but this location is truely 1st class in customer service. The service is excellent, the rooms are cleaned to a shine and the Empyrean Club staff is the best I've seen an hotel...did I mention the bedding...the best sleep I ever had came home and researched to order the mattress that in the Hilton.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 6, 2010

This is one of the nicest places I have stayed when travelling, mainly because of the level of comfort, service and friendly staff. Of course, it did not hurt to stay on the beachfront side of the hotel. What a beautiful way to wake up and have your coffee in the morning, sitting on the patio nearly thirty stories above the lobby. Virginia is where I began loving the ocean and what it has taught me over time. .

Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We used this hotel for a conference and the facilities were awesome. The staff was great and as a business traveller, I highly recommend getting a room in the Empyrean Club. This hotel had great food, wonderful views and a very plush atmosphere.

Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed February 23, 2010

My husband and I are Va. Beach residents and simply wanted a nice night away for his birthday. We saw a TV report on how to look for bed bugs in hotels, and I followed their directions and lifted the sheets to look at the corner seam areas of the mattress. At first glance the mattress looked pristine, but as I glanced more closely I saw the tiniest brown bug moving -- and it exploded with blood when I tried to collect it (and left a stain on the mattress). The manager tried to convince me that they do not have bed bugs and that I must have seen a ladybug. Whatever. It was a blood-sucking bug in the mattress. Call it what you will... They did offer us another room, but we decided to go home. If nothing else I would recommend you do a little research on bed bugs and what precautions to take in hotels (like where to place your luggage, etc.).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple