2,283 results
All reviews sky bar club level rooftop pool catch restaurant corner room neptune park nicest hotel ocean view self park rocking chairs oceanfront room hotel is beautiful fire pit across the street off season parking garage catch31
Reviewed May 25, 2018

Had better service and cleaner rooms, that were cheaper. We Spent our 22 wedding anniversary here. To us every year is very special. This place was not special at all. Called for breakfast (which was delicious) the phone rang forever and felt like I was bothering the lady that answered the phone. Then she called me back because she forgot something.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Renee J
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit. We strive to deliver excellent service to our guests, and I am sorry that we fell short. We live by our “Make It Right” promise, making guest satisfaction and loyalty our primary focus. Thank you again for your input, we hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Pulling in was a bit of a challenge. Small entrance in front of hotel for Valet was packed. Had to go in and ask the front desk to get the valet person some help. Once I made my request they couldn't be more helpful. Pulled in, unloaded with the assistance of a bell hop. Checked in with the front desk personnel who were super friendly and pleasant. Hotel room was very nice. Bed was comfortable. Balcony off the side of our room offered a great view of the roof of the building next store and a good view of the beach to the left. They were hosting several events. The roof top pool was closed one day but open the next and was extremely nice and cool. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant but we did take advantage of the outside area. They have fire pits with benches with wait staff from the bar to take care of your drinks.The doors open right onto the boardwalk to the beach. In warmer weather it would be the ideal location but I bet crowded. The statue of King Neptune is out on the boardwalk within viewing distance of the outside area. Out the front door you are on the strip of stores and approximately a mile walk to the amusement section. Once you have seen one store they seem to all blend with the same stuff. We were very comfortable walking around with no sense of danger. The infinity edge pool on the top of the hotel is small but a novelty that should be checked out. It offers fantastic views of the beach. The hot tub is to the right of the pool and always full. They also have a small inside pool. This level is beautiful. The hotel was approximately $140/night which I think is great for the area - highly tourist. It was clean. The rooms were nice although they seem to be getting worn down. We were missing the front part of the wall sconce so the bulbs were exposed (they are the fancier bulbs so almost don't notice). Also part of the head board was missing (?). Still an upper scale hotel.

Room tip: ask for the back of the building for the beach view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Thank you for your comments! It's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed many of the amenities that the hotel has to offer! Next time, I do recommend you try the restaurant, Catch 31, it's a wonderful opportunity to try some of our local foods!

Reviewed May 18, 2018

Because of my work I do not get to travel very often so I make sure that the time I do is high quality. That was just the experience that I had at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hilton this year. Courteous staff, excellent location and great facilities made for a memorable time. I will be returning here in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

It was a pleasure to read your review, thank you! As a seasoned traveler, we appreciate your comments regarding our ideal location, and our amazing team of associates! We are happy to know that you will be returning, we look forward to saying hello again!
Cheers,

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Arrived here and immediately a member of staff assisted with valet parking and a bellman for our luggage. Must praise “B” the bellman , he was most pleasant and friendly and every time he saw my husband and myself he acknowledged us by name and always had a conversation with us.
Only one person on the check in desk and for the size of the hotel very inadequate.
Rooms have been remodelled recently and to high standard, everything you would expect was provided.
Had an evening meal in Catch 31, very busy but it was Mother’s Day but items had been sold out and not enough staff on duty , very slow service and very overpriced.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review and thank you for choosing to spend Mother's Day with us at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront! I will pass your compliments along to valet and bell! We do try to staff accordingly, but it appears we were a little light at the front desk with the number of associates available to check guests in. Thank you for letting us know!

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my 8 Year Old daughter. I am a Hilton Diamond member and I could no real benefit to that status at this property. Specifically, two free bottle waters (I had to ask for) and access to Executive Lounge. That lounge is the poorest example of an Executive Lounge of any that I’ve experienced at a Hilton. Drinks are offered at the same price one would pay the hotel restaurant bar along food and snacks that were not as good as what one can get out of vending machine. Rooms are nice but the bathrooms are painfully small and very dark. HVAC in the room is old and noisy. Room service was over an hour and a half for delivery and they ran out of cheeseburgers (told me that 30 minutes after I placed my order for my daughter). When food did arrive it was mediocre at best. Pool area is small and was littered with old drink cups and debris. Service ranged from good at the Valet stand (should be for the price) to understaffed at the Front Desk (one person). Bottom line: Not a real Hilton Experience and not worth it.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank jameswS9043JK
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. We apologize that you felt that you did not receive value for the price that you paid. Our executive lounge was recently remodeled, and I am sorry if you did not find the design bright and clean. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to serve you again soon.
Regards,