2,283 results
All reviews sky bar club level rooftop pool catch restaurant corner room neptune park nicest hotel ocean view self park rocking chairs oceanfront room hotel is beautiful fire pit across the street off season parking garage catch31
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Arrived here and immediately a member of staff assisted with valet parking and a bellman for our luggage. Must praise “B” the bellman , he was most pleasant and friendly and every time he saw my husband and myself he acknowledged us by name and always had a conversation with us.
Only one person on the check in desk and for the size of the hotel very inadequate.
Rooms have been remodelled recently and to high standard, everything you would expect was provided.
Had an evening meal in Catch 31, very busy but it was Mother’s Day but items had been sold out and not enough staff on duty , very slow service and very overpriced.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review and thank you for choosing to spend Mother's Day with us at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront! I will pass your compliments along to valet and bell! We do try to staff accordingly, but it appears we were a little light at the front desk with the number of associates available to check guests in. Thank you for letting us know!

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my 8 Year Old daughter. I am a Hilton Diamond member and I could no real benefit to that status at this property. Specifically, two free bottle waters (I had to ask for) and access to Executive Lounge. That lounge is the poorest example of an Executive Lounge of any that I’ve experienced at a Hilton. Drinks are offered at the same price one would pay the hotel restaurant bar along food and snacks that were not as good as what one can get out of vending machine. Rooms are nice but the bathrooms are painfully small and very dark. HVAC in the room is old and noisy. Room service was over an hour and a half for delivery and they ran out of cheeseburgers (told me that 30 minutes after I placed my order for my daughter). When food did arrive it was mediocre at best. Pool area is small and was littered with old drink cups and debris. Service ranged from good at the Valet stand (should be for the price) to understaffed at the Front Desk (one person). Bottom line: Not a real Hilton Experience and not worth it.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank jameswS9043JK
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. We apologize that you felt that you did not receive value for the price that you paid. Our executive lounge was recently remodeled, and I am sorry if you did not find the design bright and clean. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to serve you again soon.
Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

We went this weekend for my daughters cheer competition. Had an executive floor room, which the rooms were nice. Hotel was a great location. Few things I wasn’t a fan of: they closed the pool both nights at 7pm on weekend nights for a closed party. First night we were told it was only one side and then we went and changed and went back and was told it was both sides, I paid way to much for no pool use, that was irritating. Front desk had no clue it was even closing. I left them a message to ask about next night and no one even called me back. Just sucks to have it closed on weekend nights so early. Valet was amazing, very sweet and kinda guys. Catch 31 Restaurant was not very good and very very slow. Executive floor access was really nice. Breakfast, snacks and drinks.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kimadams
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry that we fell short in delivering a fantastic experience, while we do our very best to inform all hotel staff of closings for private parties, it seems that our communication process failed in this instance. Please accept my sincere apologies, we truly stand by our “Make it Right” policy and would like to have the opportunity to right our wrongs.

Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

Location is perfect; right on the beautiful beach. The rooms are very good, and the hotel’s facilities are also very much up to standard! I enjoyed the restaurant (Catch 31) and the bar area. Hotel staff and valet staff were really helpful and friendly, and so were the people working in the restaurant and bar area.

Date of stay: April 2018
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Thank you for posting your review of the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront! We are pleased that you chose to stay with us and truly hope to see you again soon!
Regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Got to hotel an hour before check in time for a work trip. My room wasn’t ready. I went to have a late lunch. I came back an hour later and my room still wasn’t ready. I was told maybe another 30min. I just sat there waiting in front of the check in desk. I’d been traveling since 5am- I was tired! My room was finally ready at 5pm. They thanked me for my patience and upgrade me to a room on the emperor club floor.

The view was amazing. The room was spacious and clean. The beds comfortable. The access to the club for breakfast and evening appetizers was welcoming. Breakfast included bacon or sausage and eggs. All the fruit and pasties you can think of. And a cappuccino machine. Evening apps were anything from bacon wrapped apples to sesame chicken! The availability of sodas and waters throughout the day was a nice perk too.

Entire staff was friendly the entire stay.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

I am pleased to know that we were able to upgrade your for your patience and understanding! The views are indeed amazing from both our oceanfront and oceanview rooms! Thank you again for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay!