2,286 results
All reviews sky bar club level rooftop pool catch restaurant corner room neptune park nicest hotel ocean view self park rocking chairs oceanfront room hotel is beautiful fire pit across the street off season parking garage catch31
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

I booked 2 Double Beds, Club Floor Partial Oceanview, for my stay. Parking was a breeze and I decided to self park across the street in the covered parking garage. Went in and pressed the button on the machine for a parking ticket. There was plenty of parking and managed to find a parking spot on level two.

Conveniently on the same parking level, there is a covered walking bridge that connects the parking garage to the hotel. Walked across and took the elevator down to the main level with my bags.

The reception desk was so welcoming and answered all my questions. I am currently a Hilton Honors member and received a welcome amenity. I also wanted to try the “Digital Key” which is found in the Hilton App for my smartphone. They assisted in registering my phone so my smartphone can be used to open the room. I also received a key card as well. The reception desk also gave me a parking tag along with a scannable coupon so the parking fee is waived when I depart.

My room was on the 19th floor, which is the Empyrean Club Level, of the hotel. Went to the elevators and had to use my room key on the floor panel first, before I could press “19”. Good Security Feature!! You only need to use the key card on certain floors to prevent other people accessing features.

The “Digital Key” worked flawlessly. Just FYI, you need Bluetooth turned on. The room was amazing and better than what was expected. One of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed at.

The bathroom was fairly large and the mirror had a 10” TV installed in it. I also liked the mirror had a night light installed that you can opt to turn on at nighttime. The room itself had a nice size 42” HDTV, the fridge was cold upon arrival, plenty of draw space, and a safe within the room. There was also a very comfortable chair and ottoman to relax in and a computer table and chair.

The balcony / view was amazing. I looked down and saw the restaurant, Catch 31, below with people and the fire pits turned on. Two chairs and a small table are provided. The sunset and sunrise were amazing!!!

I also had access to the Empyrean Club Lounge which offered evening hors d’oeuvres and had a cocktail bar. It also had its separate concierge service and included a complimentary breakfast.

I decided to get some dinner in the area. Went downstairs to the restaurant and had dinner. The food was excellent and the staff were very attentive and lively. Upon my return to my room, I found the curtains were closed, the bed spread pulled down and open on one side and some chocolates left on a pillow. The lamp on the nightstand was also on. I was floored and surprised by this. No other hotel meets their level of standards and hospitality.

It was very quite throughout the night even when College Beach Week was going on. I was also impressed the night stand had a motion activated night light installed in case you had to get up in the middle of the night.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again along with future Hilton stays!!! I really don’t have anything negative to say. The best hotel stay ever in my life.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jasonbO4773LW
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

All I can say is - WOW! Thank you for this thorough review of your stay at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, we are so pleased to know that every aspect of your stay was worthy of a mention. Thank you for your loyalty, we look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay for another amazing experience!

Reviewed April 27, 2018

The staff was great, the food was great and the views were amazing! I will definitely be coming back to stay. I was treated like royalty! The area was full of things to see and do as well. Nancy, Sara, Dottie and Joe were AWESOME!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It was a pleasure to read your review, thank you! We are proud of all of our hard working associates at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, and thank you for letting us know that Nancy, Sara, Dottie and Joe all did a fantastic job and had a positive impact on your stay! Please come back and enjoy all that we have to offer again!
Regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2018

We would and will do it again excellent location, great view, and adequate parking. And awesome food Room service and restaurant! Make sure you ask for beach side. The band on the north side can be noisy so if you want quiet get a room on the south side! Especially on the weekend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

It was a pleasure to read your comments about our property! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

I walked a good deal of the beach front, and the Hilton seems like the nicest and newest hotel from what I could see. Definitely try to get a beach front view, the rooms have a nice balcony with seating. The room itself was nice and seemed to have fairly new furnishings. The bathroom was fairly standard, the shower was unfortunately not that nice. One of the perks of the hotel was the two restaurants looked really nice. A local told me it is actually some of the best seafood in town. I unfortunately didn’t make it to the roof to check out the Infiniti pool, but I will make sure to if I return during warmer weather. I would stay here again if I were back in Virginia Beach.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront! We are fortunate to have such a beautiful beach to enjoy, and are happy to know that after seeing many of the hotels around us, found our property to be the nicest!
Thank you again for taking the time to share a review!

Reviewed April 20, 2018

Our stay started with the bellman being rude, and yanking the cart from me despite my having a fragile item on board. The parking pass is a flimsy piece of paper containing a barcode that works 60% of the time at best. (The fact the front desk stapled directly in the center of the barcode didn't help.) The front desk took my cell number and stated they would call when my room was ready--I hadn't heard by at 630pm and revisited the desk and my room had in fact been ready for some time. The remotes didn't work in either of our room, and when I asked for new batteries they disappeared with our remote for 20 minutes, brought back two, and didn't know if either were actually ours. When I mentioned all this to Hilton, the property called me at an inconvenient time, and since I couldn't speak then, refused to ever email me back about my concerns. Overall not the service I have come to expect at a cheap motel, let alone a hilton costing upwards of $250 a night.

Room tip: Choose a different hotel
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsay844

On behalf of the team, I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your comments; we did make the effort to contact you to discuss your stay, but the timing was apparently not good for you. We'd be happy to discuss this more with you, if you'd like to let us know when your schedule will allow for a more appropriate time for conversation. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us a second chance to serve you in the near future.
Regards,