“Very happy with our stay.”

Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed March 16, 2009

We were very happy with our accommodations and the service provided during our stay. Beautiful room, amazing view. Great experience overall!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,078)

Reviewed March 2, 2009

I went to the Hilton for an all girls get a away weekend. Our room had no refrigerator, no microwave and most of all no free internet. The maids came at about 7pm to clean our room, So I had to call the front desk for more coffee and towels. The room was very nice and so was the bar, however after staying for a few days I realized that there was a hooker picking up men down in the bar, night after night I stayed there. It was clear what was going on at this hotel. Talked to many staff members at the bar, front desk, and parking staff, all whom seemed to know of the hooker and that she had been living there for weeks.This seemed to be a running joke. All of which I was not laughing nor did I think it was funny. I was with my good friend and her daughther, who were shocked that such a thing was taking place in Virginia Beach, Va at the Hilton of all places. Talked to management upon checking out, who didn't not say sorry nor did they seem to care, kinda of just blew it off as if it was OKAY. I would never stay at the hotel ever again , nor will I recommend it to any friends or family members.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheBeach1234
Reviewed February 20, 2009

A friend and I stayed at the Hilton last August. While we had a few problems with our room initially (when turned onto "high" the A/C caused chuncks of ceiling particles to fall on our heads), we were quickly moved to a new room. Management was very friendly, checking on us a few times to make sure we were happy with our three-day stay. All staff members we encountered were very friendly and accomodating.

The roof-top pool is absolutely beautiful - it looks as though you could swim right into the ocean, but without getting sand in your bathing suit! The rooftop bar was very enjoyable and offered a relaxing atmosphere while watching our kids swim.

We ate at the on-site restaurant multiple times (Catch 31), and were extremely pleased with our meals. No good restaurants on the Virginia Beach oceanfront are cheap, but we felt we received a very good value for the price. If you are staying with kids, they have a very good children's menu with several healthy and delicious options available.

The Hilton is definitely not an inexpensive hotel, but if you are looking for an relaxing vacation, you will enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank kathleenpaden
Reviewed February 20, 2009

The Hilton Oceanfront is definitely Viriginia Beach's premier hotel on the beach. We went for a charity event and spent the night. The hotel itself is very nice. We stayed on the 17th floor with a full ocean view. Our room, although not very large, was well appointed and very comfortable. This is definitely a luxury hotel for a beach community. I would return.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank movedsouth
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Arrived for a business conference and had booked a superior room (block room, but not budget priced) and found it to face the road without a balcony (in an oceanfront hotel). Asked to upgrade to a balcony room since they hadn't informed me that it was such a basic room. I waited for hours for management who never materialized. Front desk finally said that they only had balcony rooms on the executive floor, so they could book me one night and then, move me to a less pricey balcony room. Since I had booked a couple extra nights so that my kids and I could enjoy a small beach vacation (on my own dime), I took them up on it. Well, they were never able to move me and I was STUCK in the expensive room that really didn't have a balcony either, but a large sliding glass window. I complained to the hotel meeting staff and they said they would give me two free nights to use within a year. The certificate came and was only for half a year. There is a clause that says they don't have to honor the certificate if the hotel is full OR if they FORECAST full occupancy. Guess what, when I tried to book during some off season, non beach weather weekend in April (not connected to Easter), they say they are forecasting a full week and won't honor the certificate. Meanwhile, there are vacant rooms to be booked on this week-end on Hilton.com. They never planned to honor the certificate. If you have a problem while there, you will NEVER locate management and front desk doesn't know what rooms have balconies and are fairly uninformed.

And yes, you are nickled and dimed, high speed internet, etc.

Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank taximom62
Reviewed January 26, 2009

I came in with my family for the Neptune Festival, which was great, but was highly disappointed with the Hilton Hotel. I felt that I was "nickel and dimed" the whole time I was there. We had to pay an additional fee (per day) for a mini frig, and another fee (per day) for the microwave. We even had to request for our room to be cleaned, and one one occasion we had to take out our own trash. During the day we were out on the Boardwalk or on the beach, in the evening after dinner (around 7) we would come back to the hotel to use the facilities (jacuzzi/pool), but each time we tried they told us it was closed for cleaning (at 7pm?). When we asked would they be re-opening we were told no. Needless to say we were never able to use the pool or jacuzzi throughout our stay. The room was VERY basic. I guess I was expecting a lot nicer considering the price and the Hilton name. The room was very small, nothing special about it. I wouldn't say the staff was rude (well, maybe one was), but they were all very indifferent, just didn't care. I will not be back.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank vabeaching
Reviewed December 1, 2008

The location of this hotel is just fabulous. The room was super clean. We had the Oceanside but it was as good as an oceanfront room. They have a band that plays right outside of Hilton which is fabulous. The happy hour is just incredible. The infinity pool is great! Basically we spent most of our time at the hotel. There is really no need to go anywhere. The hotel is on the beach so really other than for shopping and maybe grabbing food, we didn't venture out. I would highly recommend this hotel. Once you lock the balcony door, you can't hear the music. We were traveling with a baby and my husband or I had to stay with him while he was asleep but it wasn't boring as I could enjoy the music from our room and see my friends and hubby in the restaurant downstairs from our balcony.
Also we went through ocean beach club resort. Part of the package was to spend 2 hrs with them which really isn't too bad. Although my husband was super convinced to buy time share in ocean club resort we didn't end up going that route.
I will definitely go back and pay 2ce as much as I paid on my last trip for this hotel. It’s well worth it.
Also I am very particular about a CLEAN room and it definitely met my standards.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)