Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
$190
Country Inn
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$235
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$190
$214
Hampton.com
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$121
$94
Groupon.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
ComfortInn
$229
$219
GardenInn.com
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
ComfortSuites
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$262
$245
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$126
$115
Agoda.com
2,108 results
All reviewssky barclub levelrooftop poolcatch restaurantcorner roomneptune parkocean viewnicest hotelbeautiful hotelself parkrocking chairsoceanfront roomfire pitbeach towelsacross the streettime shareoff season
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Always a great stay. We book the Hilton at least once a month, and always have had a good experience. But it's not the brick and mortar, it's the people who work there. All are pleasant, and it's every time! Kudos to the Hilton management.

If you have time for breakfast, ask for Bones to wait on you. She is the best of the best!! A little sassy (if you read this, you know you are), but it makes the experience even better!

Room Tip: Corner King is the nicest room in the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

As a Hilton Honors member and first time guest at this Hilton I was impressed! Quick efficient check in by a smiling and pleasant front desk girl appeared to love her job. I asked to speak to a lady that I had previously contacted to confirm my reservation, C. Revis. The front desk immediately made a phone call and Ms. Revis came out to meet me. Ms. Revis was so happy that we were able to meet and told me that it was a pleasure meeting me and hoped that my stay would be wonderful. What a keeper! This lady is awesome! After checking in a young man, Carlito, took our bags to the room. He too was wonderful! Great customer service, neatly dressed, a smile on his face and you could tell he loved his job. He made small talk as he unloaded our bags. The rooms were clean and the beds so comfortable. We went to breakfast and returned to our rooms that housekeeping had cleaned. We never saw a housekeeping cart in the hall! With it being a busy weekend of weddings, beach music and guests it couldn't have been better. We were fortunate to get Carlito to assist us with our bags as we departed. Still had that smile! Check out was quick and efficient by the same front desk girl. We didn't get the opportunity to eat at Catch 31 Restaurant, but I have heard the food was great. I recommend this hotel and plan to return.

Room Tip: Great location! A full service hotel that has it all!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PoppyC64
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here two nights for business and found the experience to be wonderful! The Catch 31 restaurant in the hotel is very good. I had the king crab legs, tuna tartare, hummus, fruit, traditional breakfast, oysters, margherita pizza, and more. Not all in one day, of course. :) They were all so good!

Nacho, the bartender at Catch 31, is fun and makes great drinks. Let him whip up something for you. The outside bar area is beautiful but was constantly crowded. I can understand why though. Unfortunately I was working most of the day so I can't say when the best time to get a seat out there would be.

The rooms were pretty standard. The partial oceanview was plenty of an oceanview for me so if you are on a budget, I would say this is a great choice. The beds were comfortable, the shower pressure good, and the layout good. The bathroom was a bit tight but nothing that annoyed me too much. Then again, I was traveling alone. Had there been two of us in there, it would have been cramped.

The rooftop bar and pool were pretty cool. I couldn't take advantage due to the weather but it was a lively atmosphere.

Everyone at this hotel and even the visitors were so friendly! I just couldn't get over it. They really want to make you happy. That includes Shidia in room service. She was so friendly and awesome!

Parking was across the street in a garage but it had a protected walkway to the hotel. You could also choose valet.

There were a few shops right across the street too. Two of them were more touristy and the other, Lola (I think), was a boutique with cute women's clothing.

The location in regards to other shops and restaurants seemed great but I didn't get a chance to explore that much. I did run on the beach and had a beautiful view of the homes on oceanfront drive though.

Definitely stay here- you will be spoiled.

Room Tip: I had 1403 and it overlooked the pavilion, outside bar area, and had a great view of the ocean even though it wasn't oceanfront.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

After driving in through Virginia Beach I was getting a bit depressed as the town itself just seemed to be block after block of fast food joints and tacky looking shops, however it perks up at 30th and Pacific where you turn down towards the Hilton Oceanfront and pull into the drop off area on Atlantic Avenue where car jockeys will look after your car while you check in. At reception you get the option of self or valet park. Self park is so simple and half the price it seems silly to pay for Valet. There is a 2nd floor covered air conditioned linkway back to the hotel lobby so its pretty simple to access car or hotel. Its also a public car park so just watch you only park in hotel (H) designated bays and leave your hotel card on the dashboard.
Reception was straightforward and rooms were ready despite us arriving early afternoon on the very busy Saturday before Mothers Day. A charming and friendly bellhop looked after our luggage while we checked in and again while I parked the car and came up with us and our bags and explained a few options re things to do etc. The fish restaurant Catch 31 and the fine Dining Salicia were highly recommended but what wasnt made very clear either at Reception or by the bellhop (he may have mentioned it but along with so much other info we didnt take it in) was that you cant book tables at Catch 31 so beware - and on busy days there can be be 1 hour waits! I have to say I mentioned my frustrations to one of the receptionists (Elizabeth) who took it upon herself to sort out my grumbling by actually getting me a reservation on the sly later in the evening - so well done her for some great customer service!
Our room itself was a delightful (if not a little on the compact size) oceanfront view on the 18th Club floor with its own outside balcony (if you dont mind heights!). There was a good desk area with ergonomic chair and also a casual comfortable armchair and footstool along with a King bed that was sumptuously catered for with fine linen and plenty of pillows. Plugs were a little on the limited supply especially if you needed to use European adapters as generally they dont fit into the extra plugpoints found on the bases of the lampshades. No other wall plugs at desk height so had to grovel under the desk to find a spare socket or two. The bathroom didnt have a bath which was a shame but did have a large walk in shower with double headed spray and a sitting area kind of made up for that. Nice fluffy towels were in plentiful supply and there was a turndown service each night. There is free wifi in public areas but irritatingly you have to pay for it in your room - not that expensive but why not include it and avoid annoying guests? Breakfast in the Club lounge was fine and the area comfortable but no hot food at all (I dont expect much for a Club breakfast and appreciate the lounge peace and quiet) but most club lounges in Europe would offer at least one dish of scrambled egg and some bacon in addition to the usual cold food. NB also in the evening only limited hot snacks and soft drinks and hot beverages available on a complimentary basis, all alcohol is charged extra - again unlike in European Hiltons' (and most competitors) where its is also complimentary at least for a few hours in the evening. We didnt use the Sky Bar and Pool area on the hotel roof as it seemed fairly crowded (they sell tickets to non residents) but some stunning views, a beautiful infinity pool and drinks and light snacks available. Other than the few minor issues a very pleasant hotel and Im sure it must be one of the best in Virginia Beach.

Room Tip: Higher floors with ocenfront views are the best though guess any oceanfront room would be fine. Rooms on the sides of the square building towards the Ocean side get a partial sea view. Rear rooms look over the City sprawl but are cheaper.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GastroInn
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Let me start by saying the hotel was clean, but I was let down as a diamond member, I booked weeks ahead and was placed on the 8th floor instead of club level. My preference in my Hilton profile is high floor. They have 21 floors. I was placed in an ADA room without being asked, no bathtub, wih an inconvienient stool in shower. The rooftop pool, which is the reason I booked, was closed for a private event, that always ticks me off when they close an advertised amenity with no warning for extra cash. The hot tub was closed due to repainting with no notice. I paid way too much in off season for no amenities. I should have stayed at the Hampton next door.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
DavidSchaum, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and kind words; however we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.