“A Mix Of Awesome & Below-Average” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #13 of 111 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Mix Of Awesome & Below-Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Things I loved:
-Rooftop pools are straight out of a travel magazine. Seriously, if you see them first you may not even make it to the beach.
-Direct beach access, on-the-sand rentals and service
-Rooms are great
-The food served at the conference I was attending was some of the best I've ever had at any such event, and the wait staff was great.

Things I did not love:
-We weren't warned that a huge rally would be starting at 3am the night we checked in...directly beneath our window.
-Breakfast buffet was okay, but not fantastic, and the music was unreasonably loud for that time of the morning.
-Who the hell still charges $12/night for ethernet that you have to spend ten minutes hooking up?
-The parking situation (in a garage across the street) is way more complicated than it ought to be, though I did appreciate the breezeway into the conference center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank km1372

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
U.S.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel at a beautiful location. I would've given it an easy 5 stars if it wasn't for the bright red, big, juicy and incredibly itchy spots all over my face and neck! I recently stayed there for 4 days for a conference. The second day, I put the left side of my face on a pillow and it started itching in a few minutes. When I checked it in the mirror, I saw 4-5 red dots there, and they got worse over time. I had them change the sheets. The last day, new spots appeared on the right side of my face and all over my neck. And I had to be presentable for the conference even though my face and neck looked simply disgusting. Not to mention the mind blowing itch. I was visited by either bed bugs or their close relatives. So beware!

6 Thank JadeUS11
DavidSchaum, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear JadeUS11-

Thank you for your post, I'm sorry that this incident left you with a bad impression of the hotel.

We take the suspicion of bed bugs very seriously as they have become an unfortunate reality of the travel industry. We have a rigorous program of inspections and regularly scheduled professional pest control. Please contact me directly so we can determine which room you were in and inspect it thoroughly.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Nice view, nice service, excellent top floor party atmosphere, superb appetizers, comfortable rooms with large tv and two shower heads. A very nice conference experience. Nice restaraunts nearby. Easy to find, easy garage parking. Hope to come back.

Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is in a good location right on the boardwalk with great far reaching sea views. The rooms are of a high standard as you would expect. The infinity pool on the roof is worth seeing. The main disappointment relates to the catch 31 bar and restaurant on the ground floor, which aside from breakfast time, is incredibly noisy. I am not sure if the idea is to override the noise of the open plan kitchen, but very loud piped music plus at least 3 TVs each on a different channel is surely overkill. Overall it was an enjoyable stay, and the food was good, just a shame you had to shout to order it!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea front room
1 Thank Have_r0d_will_travel
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel impressed me from the minute I drove up. The valet was right there to great me and help any way he could. My husband made the reservation so he actually needed to be the one to check in. He was on the golf course but I was able to call him and have the front desk talk to him and check in went very smoothly. The rooms are roomy and well appointed with comfy beds and fluffy pillows. The bath was very clean with top of the line soaps and shampoos. I ate at Catch 31 for lunch. The appetizers and salads were generous portions and priced competitively. The roof top Sky Bar and pool area is a peaceful retreat during the day and a lively bar at night. I did feel old being up there at night. The crowd was definitely 20 something. We enjoyed the outdoor bar on the beach much more. Fire pits, with seating for at least 15, and the live music made our stay complete.

Room Tip: On the 17th floor heard the thump of the music of sky bar until 2am. Not real loud but if you are a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Imsothere
Gordonsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The views are beautiful, the rooms are clean, spacious with a small balcony and chairs to enjoy the room! Nice beds, great staff, firepits at night with live music, roof top pools and bars are not to be missed - really nice! Wish I had more time to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PremierVA1
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our wedding night and although we only stayed for a few hours (came in late and had to leave early), everything was clean and most of all- everyone was so nice! Maybe it was we were so obviously coming from our wedding- but we definitely had a great stay!

• Stayed November 2011