“Pushy and rude timeshare sales reps at the concierge”

Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pushy and rude timeshare sales reps at the concierge”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Pushy and rude sales people trying to sale timeshare at the concierge desk. The timeshare sales person was getting frustrated and started to make rude comments since we did not agree to tour a timeshare property? Other than the timeshare sales rep, the staff were really nice and the Hotel has an amazing view from the rooms on the ocean side. Oh, if you eat at their restaurants, stick with sea food because their burgers where nasty and frozen; the server did not deny it when we asked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melat B
DavidSchaum, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review on trip advisor.
I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations.
However, please accept my apologies for the experience you have encountered with our concierge desk. I have brought your comments to their manager and he is currently addressing the issues raised with his team.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Roanoke Va
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from first visit to Va Beach and three night stay here. Our room on the club level had a spectacular view. We're lucky enough to see a fireworks display up close and personal Sat night. Room was immaculate and our maid service superb with everything being replaced as it should.We were lucky to have quiet neighbors so not a problem with adjoining doors.Concierge lounge on 20th floor very enjoyable and Marvin the best! Only negative would be main concierge info desk who pushed only their own property restaurants and the timeshare mention by young lady just turned me off, not that she was overly pushy but getting annoyed at all these vacation locations who push timeshares in general. Overall Catch31 excellent and Salacia also excellent. Would return to stay if in the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am most grateful that you took the time to submit a review regarding your stay. All guests' comments are read with utmost interest as this is the best means of measuring the standard of hospitality that we strive for.
I am glad you enjoyed our location and accommodations. I will surely share your praise with my team and relay your kind words about Marvin to his manager.
We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I recently stayed at this property for three nights for the NASPA area III conference. I highly recommend it. The staff were all exceptionally helpful. Impeccable rooms. Gorgeous views.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Giving this one three stars - not as average for the Hilton brand, but as average for a beach town.

The Good:

**Clean bathroom in my room- spotless!
**Location: right on the beach, with an oceanfront room that had a private balcony.
**In-room fridge!
**Comfortable bed with lots and lots of pillows.
**Quiet!
**On-site restaurant was good. Service was a bit slow, but they were crowded. A bit overpriced for the quality and quantity of food.
**Super fluffy towels and a dual shower head!

The Bad:
**Housekeeping dropped the ball: coffee supply not replenished (this is HUGE for me).
**Complimentary water bottles not replaced.
**Conference staff unhelpful, and just shy of surly.
**Again- I guess this is a Hilton thing- NO trash cans anywhe but the guest rooms and the bathrooms. I found beer bottles in the potted plants, trash behind chairs, and a wine bottle stashed in a corner that stayed there at least two full days. People need places to throw away trash. Come on, Hilton! Get it right!
**No coffee available in the lobby or through conference services. They said it "costs too much" to make coffee, and I was 'invited' to go across the street to Starbucks when I asked about coffee. Seriously? Bad, bad form, Hilton!
**Timeshare salesman at the concierge desk. Just.Don't. Tacky!!!
**Message light blinking on my phone. Why? Because the concierge wanted me to be sure she knew she was there to help with reservations, etc. I understand what a concierge does, I don't need to see a blinking light on my phone in my room with an unsolicited SPAM-type message.

The Indifferent:
**Parking is across the street. It's unclear that you can actually park first, then get the permit, but you can.
**You could probably get an equally nice place to stay for a lot less $$$$.

If I went back to Virginia Beach, I would probably opt for the Hampton Inn just a few steps away- at least there's a free breakfast at Hampton!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank stefmo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and accommodations.
However, I sincerely apologize, if the service provided by our housekeeping department was not up to your expectations. Complimentary coffee is available every day till 11am in our restaurant Catch 31, I apologize if you have received any other misleading information. I will make sure to follow up with our management team and relay your complements and concerns so we can further improve.
I again apologize for the difficulties you encountered. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.
Hadensville, Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I really appreciate that this Hilton has gone the extra mile to install an infinity pool! The staff here is wonderful and the rooms are very tasteful. Great beach too! Very happy with our hotel choice for a weekend getaway.

1 Thank Cheryl H
DavidSchaum, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel.
We have read your review and would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the location and the restaurants. I am glad your issue with the headboard was promptly responded to.
However, we sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered with the Gold Key representatives. I have forwarded your comments to their manager.
We do thank you for choosing us on this visit, and hope to welcome you again.
nappanee, Indiana, USA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Positive: Really nice hotel on the oceanfront - Catch 31 restaurant is really good - views from dining outside to rooftop pool are great. we stayed in a city view parlor room on reward points. It is an expensive place to stay but from what i could tell is a Top 2 or 3 spot on the beach.

Negatives: Gold Key reps in the area asking about if you want to do a timeshare presentation - my tip is to have fun with them and give them funny answers. they aren't really that pushy - just a bunch around. was in an adjoining room and could here the neighbors very easily even though they weren't that loud.

we had an issue with the headboard on our bed however the response to our issue was swift and adequate. Additionally they gave us some free meals for the issue.

would for sure stay here again

Room Tip: avoid adjoining rooms
Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Just returned from two nights at the Hilton Oceanfront-VA Beach. Awesome! This is our fifth return to this property and soooo worth it. Of course, it helps to have "picture perfect" weather and we did! The beach is well taken care of with great rental chairs or bring your own! The rooftop infinity pool is quite small but always a hit with us. We were there without kids and it was very injoyable. It seems that everytime we have been there that children seem to enjoy the large indoor rooftop pool much more than the smaller outdoor pool--that works for me! The bar is tip-top only having to give the bartender your room number--never have to exchange cash is the best. Also, the lunch menu is great! We have our favorite VABeach restaurants and the crowded ones in the Hilton are not actually among our faves but do seem to be greatly enjoyed by tourists.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little pricey and we usually like to stay oceanfront but the rooms on the street side of...