“Not the same”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: North Central
Neighborhood: North Central
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The overall quality of the food, has gone down! the food use to be excellent!We had a shrimp soup- I had it mild and my husband had it thai hot. It was average-nothing to rave about. We ordered the shrimp fried rice and garlic shrimp. Both dishes were disappointing. They use to use the large shrimp in the shrimp fried rice, with plenty of other fixings.We received just jasmine rice with cocktail shrimp- no measurable other items-example eggs, and the other crunchy stuff that is the norm in thai fried rice. The garlic shrimp, was on a bed of cabbage with medium to large shrimp. Presentation was good, but was not tasty and the shrimp had sand in them! a sign that they were not cleaned properly.The salad before dinner was tasty. Our waitress was attentive and the facilty remains attractive. I will not return. By the way, they have opened another restaurant in Williamsburg, which is also not serving good food. Save your money and find another Thai restaurant! They are getting customers based on what they use to serve not what they are serving now.

1  Thank dem7800

Reviewed October 24, 2012

With only a few minutes notice, the staff prepared a banquet table for ~35 people! They courteously attended to us all--even with split checks--and brought our food in a timely fashion :)

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great variety in menu! Nice atmosphere, attentive service- light, heathful menu offerings- very tasty and good value for the money.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have 30 years experience eating in Asia...so I prefer the "authentic" dishes. But it seems Thai cuisine, as reinterpreted for the American taste buds, is hard to nail down. To be honest, there are several, distinct regional cuisines, so I'm not an expert on all. It seems like Bangkok Garden have an overabundance of green and red peppers in many of their menu offerings, but the Americanized versions often do...I just personally don't like that. I thought the food at Bangkok Garden was fresh enough but only "average" as far as flavor profile. Decor was pleasant, but there was a sticky residue on the tile floor that was quite unpleasant and noisy when walking in the restaurant, and there was also a syrupy residue on my menu that sent my hands to the wash basin (?!) But the server was attentive and congenial. I might try one more time...

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Love the pad tai, fried rice and several other dishes, go there often, to just get my thai fix. price is reasonable for the amount of food you get.