“Sell Out”

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #951 of 1,471 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 4, 2012

It seems the Plaza Azteca of the '90's has sold out to commercial chains. I visited the Providence Road location (not seen listed here) and was mostly dissapointed. I was surprised by the "expanded" menu, all glossy pictures, seemed more like Applebee's. Th e new selections didn't impress me. I took my husband there for the authentic Mexican food.
We had to ask for chips and salsa/dip. My margarita was far from authentic, they obviously use a substandard mix now. The food was good, not excellent.
I see they have branched out more and more. The service and overall experience is suffering. IMHO.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

This makes my second visit to Plaza Azteca. Great Food, Great Service on both trips. Would highly recommend to anyone searching a good Mexican meal at a good price.